Gloster
Veteran Member
I have not had time to read the whole thread, so apologies if the following either repeats others or has been answered.
I wonder if the idea is put such a drastic series of cuts forward and then row back a bit later. Having said they will close 95% (or whatever) of offices, they then say that they have listened to the users and will only close 90%. Everybody (except the passengers) will then claim the railway is responsive and reacting to the passengers’ wishes.
On the Isle of Wight they are going to close both ticket offices, but for a period (length unspecified) there will be staff floating about, described as an ‘interim full retail capability’. I find the idea of trying to buy a ticket off someone on the concourse at Ryde in a north-easterly gale a less than appetising prospect.
In typical Isle of Wight fashion, they only opened the new ticket office at Ryde a few weeks ago.
I wonder if the idea is put such a drastic series of cuts forward and then row back a bit later. Having said they will close 95% (or whatever) of offices, they then say that they have listened to the users and will only close 90%. Everybody (except the passengers) will then claim the railway is responsive and reacting to the passengers’ wishes.
On the Isle of Wight they are going to close both ticket offices, but for a period (length unspecified) there will be staff floating about, described as an ‘interim full retail capability’. I find the idea of trying to buy a ticket off someone on the concourse at Ryde in a north-easterly gale a less than appetising prospect.
In typical Isle of Wight fashion, they only opened the new ticket office at Ryde a few weeks ago.