• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Future of the Bucks railway Centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodhead

Member
Joined
27 Feb 2007
Messages
12
I knew the Bucks Railway Centre had lost its Chief Engineering assistant earlier this year but just found out that the Chief Engineer has gone too. Then I found out the General Manager has been fired as well! What an earth is going on at Quainton? I’ve heard nothing in the press but it doesn’t sound good. And when I tried to find out where the Beattie Tank was and when it was returning I got a really unhelpful and unfriendly response – very bad too if they treat the public like this. Anyone know what’s happening here? Are they running it down before HS2 comes?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

QuaintonRoad

New Member
Joined
22 Dec 2010
Messages
1
Ref. post below and HS2 - I'm an albeit armchair member of Bucks Railway and I ain't got a clue either as we've been told nothing about the new set up or what might happen in the future (nevermind HS2) - perhaps they've sold the assets off and gone abroad! Last I heard about the Beattie Tank engine, it was coming back from Bodmin in January- but suppose that's anyones guess - might be better if it stays down there!

I knew the Bucks Railway Centre had lost its Chief Engineering assistant earlier this year but just found out that the Chief Engineer has gone too. Then I found out the General Manager has been fired as well! What an earth is going on at Quainton? I’ve heard nothing in the press but it doesn’t sound good. And when I tried to find out where the Beattie Tank was and when it was returning I got a really unhelpful and unfriendly response – very bad too if they treat the public like this. Anyone know what’s happening here? Are they running it down before HS2 comes?
 

RPM

Established Member
Joined
24 Sep 2009
Messages
1,531
Location
Buckinghamshire
Are they running it down before HS2 comes?

I don't see why HS2 will affect it. They'll lose the field they use for overflow parking on event days but presumably they'll get enough compansation to purchase another field.
There were some stories in the railway press suggesting the BRC were aggreived that HS2 would ruin their plans for reopening a section of the Brill Tramway. Well they've made zero progress towards doing this in the 40 years they've been there and I see no reason to believe they'd achieve this in the next 40 years, HS2 or no HS2.
 
Last edited:

route:oxford

Established Member
Joined
1 Nov 2008
Messages
4,949
It would be a real shame for it to close - especially considering the effort that was made to move (and rebuild) the tumble-down wreck of a tyre-fitting garage there when the Said business school was built.

Should do a swap.

Field next to Bucks Railway Centre in return for the Bicester Military Railway site?

Although if that were ever to close, it should really become a rail "centre of excellence" site - it wouldn't take much effort to build a figure of 8 testing circuit there for mileage accumulation etc, plenty of room for manufacturing and maintenance as well as miles and miles of storage.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top