Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
Would be great to see GN Inners going up to 4tph all day, and a return to 2tph on late night 2C/R/L services - but somehow I doubt either are planned anytime soon.
Would be great to see GN Inners going up to 4tph all day, and a return to 2tph on late night 2C/R/L services - but somehow I doubt either are planned anytime soon.
Would be great to see GN Inners going up to 4tph all day, and a return to 2tph on late night 2C/R/L services - but somehow I doubt either are planned anytime soon.
Would GN have enough 717s to do that? I'm still impressed that they can still do the 2tph Stevenages, 2tph Hertford Norths and 2tph Welwyns, with an extra 2tph to Welwyn and an extra 2tph to Gordon in the peak with just 25 sets.
Would be great to see GN Inners going up to 4tph all day, and a return to 2tph on late night 2C/R/L services - but somehow I doubt either are planned anytime soon.
Would GN have enough 717s to do that? I'm still impressed that they can still do the 2tph Stevenages, 2tph Hertford Norths and 2tph Welwyns, with an extra 2tph to Welwyn and an extra 2tph to Gordon in the peak with just 25 sets.
Would be great to see GN Inners going up to 4tph all day, and a return to 2tph on late night 2C/R/L services - but somehow I doubt either are planned anytime soon.
Or even back to 3tph like it was before 2018 time when they were boosted to 4tph. Every 20 minutes to combine to be every 10 minutes south of Ally Pally.
Or even back to 3tph like it was before 2018 time when they were boosted to 4tph. Every 20 minutes to combine to be every 10 minutes south of Ally Pally.
Would GN have enough 717s to do that? I'm still impressed that they can still do the 2tph Stevenages, 2tph Hertford Norths and 2tph Welwyns, with an extra 2tph to Welwyn and an extra 2tph to Gordon in the peak with just 25 sets.
Yes, easily. Remember that the December 18 timetable provided an off-peak service of 4tph to Welwyn, 2tph to Hertford North and 2tph to Stevenage, plus numerous peak extras, with the equivalent of 21x class 313 formations - made up of 20x 6-car and 1x 3-car.
It's pretty remiss really that the off-peak service frequency is now poorer than it has been at any point since the 1990s, even if overall capacity is better through 6-car formations. Hertford in particular merits 4tph all day I'd say. Welwyn you could probably argue that 4tph is lavish, but clearly at some point someone thought it was justified.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Has been done before, but only with some of the 2C services using the fast lines inwards of Potters Bar. With the current setup this probably isn't feasible.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
The majority of the 2C services have been 8/387 for the last year or so. There are now just five 8/700 diagrams on GN, not including Sevenoaks of course.
Would be great to see GN Inners going up to 4tph all day, and a return to 2tph on late night 2C/R/L services - but somehow I doubt either are planned anytime soon.
The stock is certainly available to up the frequency to 4tph on both the Welwyn and Hertford Loop lines as it runs in the peaks. What would be more achievable if they could restore the former 8tph peaks between Gordon Hill and Moorgate, though I highly doubt I'll see this happening soon as much as how crowded the line gets in the hours.
The stock is certainly available to up the frequency to 4tph on both the Welwyn and Hertford Loop lines as it runs in the peaks. What would be more achievable if they could restore the former 8tph peaks between Gordon Hill and Moorgate, though I highly doubt I'll see this happening soon as much as how crowded the line gets in the hours.
The loop certainly does seem to lose out and trains arriving at Finsbury Park from the Hertford side can be crush loaded even at times when trains from WGC will be quite manageable (clearly helped by the additional train options people have).
But turn up and go is important and was part of the whole timetable recasting and plans for growth. While we had Covid, that growth is returning and frequencies need to be looked at.
Yes, 2tph is pretty useless in an urban context. On the other hand, the crush load capacity on the 717s over the 313s means that 8tph in the peak from Gordon Hill is probably not needed for now - 2tph may suffice.
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.