• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Furthest from Manchester in 2 and a half hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenorthern

Established Member
Joined
27 May 2013
Messages
4,714
This may seem a random question but I have set myself a challenge to see how far I can get to and back from Manchester Piccadilly/Victoria between 12:30 and 15:00 on a weekday. So far I have worked out I can make it to Liverpool and maybe Leeds. Does anyone know if I can make it further and where to?

Cheers to anyone who can help.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

causton

Established Member
Joined
4 Aug 2010
Messages
5,504
Location
Somewhere between WY372 and MV7
Leeds is easily doable, with a 10 minute connection at Leeds and 8 minutes spare at the end as well!

Shrewsbury is 10 minutes out according to Working Timetables, with a 1510 arrival...

Preston, with a 185 out and (hopefully!) a 350 back... That gives you half an hour as well to do something else maybe!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top