• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fun Fare....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
19 May 2013
Messages
24
Thought it would be nice to lighten things up a bit (assuming you're up for that sort of thing on here). How about making up some really funny and silly excuses for not presenting a ticket to an RPI? These could be real excuses you've been told (if you're an RPI reading this) or an entirely invented one that is so absurd no one would ever use it.

Then we could have a competition to vote on the best one yet. I'll start.

"Sorry, a triffid plant was growing along the banks besides these tracks, and one of its branches quickly climbed through the open topped window for just a few seconds, just as we passed Clapham Junction, and it snatched my ticket from my top pocket only seconds before you arrived into the carriage. I had paid, honestly!" :oops:
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,959
Location
UK
That's one of the most common. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
 

TheJRB

Established Member
Joined
14 Feb 2011
Messages
1,208
Location
Ashford, Kent
"Arghh! The zip on this pocket just won't budge! The ticket's definitely in there."

Or "I'm glad you've come for my ticket. I was wondering if you've seen a man with a dog. See, just five minutes ago I had my ticket right here on the table in front of me when just before my eyes, the dog jumped up and ate it. I think they got off at Otford."

Or "I'm the Chancellor of the Exchequer, why would I need a ticket?". Oh wait a second...
 

Welshman

Established Member
Joined
11 Mar 2010
Messages
3,068
This thread reminds me of the story of a Bishop, whose self-importance compensated for his lack of ticket.
"My face is my ticket" he replied to the conductor.
"Maybe so" that man replied, "but I'll still have to punch it!"
 

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
Joined
12 Jul 2011
Messages
1,290
Would the Queen need a ticket? If so and she didn't buy one I've thought up a good excuse

"Don't you know who I am?"
 
Joined
19 May 2013
Messages
24
Love them, keep them coming :D

Here's another:


You know what, I'd love to show you my valid ticket but the funny thing is, I can't right now - but I did have one - honestly! Just before you came by, a pregnant woman sitting opposite me was talking to her friend and discussing the cravings she had. They were really bad: she said she couldn't stop eating Shellfish and loved sucking on plastic too. When I looked up from my newspaper I noticed that my Oyster Card ready for inspection was no longer on the table and she was chewing hard on something that she was finding difficult to swallow. I was really quite alarmed, I can tell you. Then she got off at East Croydon.
 
Last edited:

wensley

Established Member
Joined
29 Jun 2008
Messages
2,045
Location
On a train...somewhere!
Possibly the best I've heard, sadly said in all seriousness...

"What?! I have to pay to use the train...f*ck off!"

Followed by a regular

"I ain't paying nothing!" - Correct sir, you will be paying me something :lol:
 
Last edited:

Trainfan344

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2012
Messages
2,305
Why do you want to see my ticket, do you buy a ticket before you get on every train, if so where is your ticket for this service?
 

Qwerty133

Established Member
Joined
7 Oct 2012
Messages
2,622
Location
Leicester/Sheffield
I thought you only needed to show some bit of the ticket (ticket or railcard or reservation or bike res or photo card etc) when only some of the train shows up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top