• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fuel tank capacities on C180, 185, 220, 221 & 222

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper

Member
Joined
7 Jan 2018
Messages
35
Hello

I'm researching the various trains using the Cummins QSK19 engine in the UK which is thus the Class 180 and 185s as direct drive drivetrains and the 220, 221 and 222 as diesel-electric gen-sets.

Would anyone happen to know the fuel tank capacities for each of these rolling stocks?

Typical daily and weekly mileage?

How often they are refuelled?

I have info for the Class 156 which is a fleet average mileage of 200-500 miles, fleet average weekly mileage of 2500 miles and refueling (albeit not from empty each time) every 3 days. Fuel tank capacity of 1572 litres

thanks all!!

C
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sw1ller

Established Member
Joined
4 Jan 2013
Messages
1,567
I can tell you a 175 has a 2500 ltr tank (450 gallons). I don’t know how similar they are to the Voygers underneath. No idea how helpful I’m being.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top