Sad Sprinter
Established Member
I've noticed SWR has started a particularly annoying trend of frosting out the glass of footbridges on certain stations - Putney and Clapham Junction I've noticed so far. Is there a reason for this? I can only imagine it must be to stop people from noticing the train is in the platform or just arriving and running for it and causing a safety issue. Or perhaps the powers at be believe our postmodernist world has no desire for things like looking out of windows... Either way, its a shame because the view from the footbridge at Clapham Junction really is spectacular, and if youre late for your Windsor Line train, seeing how close it is to the platform gives you a chance to still run and catch it.
Is this an SWR thing or are all stations doing this now? What's the reason for it?
Is this an SWR thing or are all stations doing this now? What's the reason for it?
