• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

From Askew Road London to Euston Train Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderer1

New Member
Joined
17 Nov 2009
Messages
3
Hi all,

It's my very first post in this forum and hope that I posted it in the right section!!

Now, will be on holiday in London soon and am planning some days out. Thus my query is the fact that I would like to go to Cadbury World and am staying by Askew Road. There is an underground station a few minutes away that of Shepherds Bush Market. From this station will I be able to change at Tottenham Court Road and then stop at Euston? If so, how long will it take to arrive there as I would like to book the train which leaves from Euston at 7.45AM.

Hope someone could help me.

10q
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

asylumxl

Established Member
Joined
12 Feb 2009
Messages
4,260
Location
Hiding in your shadow
No need for change overs. Just go to Goldhawk Road (a short walk from Askew Road) and take the Hammersmith and City Line Eastbound and get off at Euston Square. When you leave Euston Square, there will be signs showing the way to the National Rail station.

The TfL website (www.TfL.gov.uk) shows the journey time as being around 21 minutes. If you are booking a train somewhere, I recommend allowing some extra time encase of delays.

I hope this is useful :).
 

Thunderer1

New Member
Joined
17 Nov 2009
Messages
3
Tnx for your reply. Thing that its the best idea. Better to leave about an hour before the train departure to be on the safe side!
 

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Joined
13 May 2008
Messages
12,774
If it's after the 13th of December, you'll benifit from the changes to the Circle Line bringing more frequent services to this journey- less potential waiting time.
 

Thunderer1

New Member
Joined
17 Nov 2009
Messages
3
If it's after the 13th of December, you'll benifit from the changes to the Circle Line bringing more frequent services to this journey- less potential waiting time.

Yeah it is going to be after the 13th Dec (29th Dec actually).

So will I still have to follow what 'asylumxl' first said or is now there a better route??

[BTW till now have not yet booked the train tickets from Euston, but will do it as soon as I get the right amount of detail on how to get to Euston train station.]
 

A60K

Member
Joined
26 Jun 2008
Messages
1,030
Location
Kilburn
Yeah it is going to be after the 13th Dec (29th Dec actually).

So will I still have to follow what 'asylumxl' first said or is now there a better route??

[BTW till now have not yet booked the train tickets from Euston, but will do it as soon as I get the right amount of detail on how to get to Euston train station.]

Same route still, but you'll have almost twice as frequent a service from Goldhawk Road to Euston Square - Circle line trains will run anticlockwise starting at Edgware Road, via Paddington, Victoria, Aldgate and Kings Cross and then go to Hammersmith via Goldhawk Road. The same in the opposite direction, as the line becomes a spiral.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top