• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

From Another Forum: Arriva Trains Wales Gets The Thumbs Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

125Forever

Member
Joined
4 Nov 2016
Messages
126
Location
Currently flit between Blackpool and South Wales
(Warning - link does contain some 'industrial' language)

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php?421369-Arriva-Trains-Wales

I am guessing that the above is due to the Wales v Australia game played on Saturday.

Is this accusation a fair one on ATW or does anybody feel any sympathy towards them?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

BestWestern

Established Member
Joined
6 Feb 2011
Messages
6,736
Just sounds like a load of keyboard warriors wibbling. I couldn't actually see a single description of what the specific issues were on that opening page, I assume capacity most likely.
 

J-2739

Established Member
Joined
30 Jul 2016
Messages
2,238
Location
London
The only thing that link did was nearly download a virus onto my phone. Fortunately, I managed to have a short sideway glance at it before my phone acted up.

Just that first post alone shows how lucky we are to have a stable, civilised forum.
 

me123

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2007
Messages
8,510
Well, they got something off their chest. Just a shame that none of them managed to articulate quite what they got off their chest. To take a selection of the "criticism".

**** off. Just **** off forever.
By far the most useless bunch of ****wits imaginable.
As a user of arriva trains last night, they are not as good as useless.
The company who likes to treat it's customers as potential criminals, beware on big match days their hired mafia are out in force.
My advice is t0 sack the trains off use national express for long distance journeys which is great value for money. Uber for shorter distances. May cost more but you are not surrounded by scum and these services are 100% more reliable.

Particularly like the last one, who calls rail users "scum".

I could find just one comment that's actually got a point.

Dear old Arriva Trains Wales in trouble again? I can't believe that on Saturdays on the Milford to Manchester route (not exactly a 30 minute trip up the Valleys) there are still usually only two coaches (don't know about weekdays) so it's like a cattle truck, especially this time of year.

Much ado about nothing I guess.
 

EbbwJunction1

Established Member
Joined
25 Mar 2010
Messages
1,778
Location
Newport, South Wales
Well, I was in Cardiff on Saturday evening attending the Festival of Remembrance at St David's Hall.

I travelled down at around 5.30pm (well after the end of the rugby) and got to Cardiff, which was as usual very busy. On the way done, we passed a 125 coming the other way, and this looked pretty empty; I'd have thought that it was possibly the 5.25pm from Cardiff, which should have been busy - but it didn't look like it was.

After the event, I caught the 10.00pm train. There were a fair number of people on the platform, so I went to the front and got on to the train, thinking that it would fill up pretty quickly. However to my surprise, it didn't (at least in the front carriage of three), and the journey back to Newport was quite pleasant.

So, I didn't see any problems with either of my journeys on Saturday. Admittedly I travelled down going against the flow, but my return journey should, I think, have been busier ... but I'm not complaining at all!
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,471
Far better they take their rage out on their keyboards than on staff.

It's not as if they are likely to be taken seriously.

Don't forget that Cardiff lost on Saturday, and are dangerously close to the drop atm.
 

rebmcr

Established Member
Joined
15 Nov 2011
Messages
4,005
Location
St Neots
If the link has a virus on it then I'm happy for the post to be deleted.

It's likely to have been embedded in an advert on rotation and also targeted at specific types of devices, so difficult to isolate whether it's still there.
 

Tim R-T-C

Established Member
Joined
23 May 2011
Messages
2,143
Some reference in that thread to 'hired mafia', so might be extra security that ATW put in place for match days. Or could be ticket inspectors.

Ironic then that others in the thread complain about tickets not being checked on trains and overcrowding issues, which presumably the above would be trying to resolve.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,530
Location
Yorkshire
Sorry to hear about your phone J-2739, if the link has a virus on it then I'm happy for the post to be deleted.
I've broken the hyperlink; but now me123 has kindly provided quotes (which we do require whenever referring to external content) there's no real need for anyone to click on it. I've sent you a PM :)

As for the content of their rants, there is little - if any - constructive criticism in there.

If TOCs are not acting in the best interests of customers, then by all means lambast them, but if all that's going to happen is random swearing and insults, it achieves nothing and just makes the complainant look stupid.

The only sensible comments in those quoted above are:
The company who likes to treat it's customers as potential criminals
is a fair point; I've seen that happen and assisted people who were wrongly persecuted by ATW.

on the Milford to Manchester route ... there are still usually only two coaches (don't know about weekdays) so it's like a cattle truck,
is a legitimate complaint and ludicrous situation, but this is more the fault of whoever it is that specifies the franchise (presumably the WAG)

The other comments are mostly pointless rants.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top