• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Friends’ Matthew Perry has died at 54

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT-ONR-NRN

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2016
Messages
12,895
Location
Cambridge
Announced in the last half an hour, due to drowning.

Those familiar with Friends will know Perry for playing Chandler.

Although I didn’t watch myself, definitely rather sad news to hear.

Friends star Matthew Perry has died aged 54 'after drowning in his jacuzzi at home,' sources have told TMZ.

Law enforcement sources told the outlet the actor was found on Saturday at a home in Los Angeles after first responders were called to the scene for a cardiac arrest.

Perry rose to fame for his role as 'Chandler Bing' on the hit 90s sitcom Friends, which ran for 10 seasons.

DailyMail.com has contacted the LAPD and Perry's media relations for comment.
- the Daily Mail’s current report on this.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Peter C

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2018
Messages
4,739
Location
GWR land
Friends is one of my favourite shows - I've watched it so many times I'd not want to work out the definite number - and Chandler was, without doubt, my favourite character, so reading this on the BBC News site this morning was definitely upsetting. I hope he knew how much joy he brought to so many people, not just in Friends, but in his other work too.

-Peter
 

YorkshireBear

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2010
Messages
9,674
Friends is one of my favourite shows - I've watched it so many times I'd not want to work out the definite number - and Chandler was, without doubt, my favourite character, so reading this on the BBC News site this morning was definitely upsetting. I hope he knew how much joy he brought to so many people, not just in Friends, but in his other work too.

-Peter
Same here, I also have lost count long ago how many times I've watched it. Very sad news.

The show brought me some stability and comfort through some uncomfortable times and for that I will be particularly grateful to the whole cast and production but particularly Perry.
 

Peter C

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2018
Messages
4,739
Location
GWR land
Same here, I also have lost count long ago how many times I've watched it. Very sad news.

The show brought me some stability and comfort through some uncomfortable times and for that I will be particularly grateful to the whole cast and production but particularly Perry.
I'm glad I'm not the only barmy (and of course I mean that in the best way possible ;)) one who's watched it so many times. Perry was superb as Chandler - I know it gets said a lot, but I genuinely don't think anyone could have done it better. There's too many good lines and quips of his to think of a best one!

-Peter
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top