• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner - Trainee Train Driver - London Gateway (22/04/25)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPondFish

Member
Joined
21 Aug 2022
Messages
68
Location
Essex
Results of my medical just came back all good. Unfortunately they have put me in the 'talent pool' disappointed is an understatement. Any idea how long it takes to be called up from them?
Great news regarding your medical. I don't want to burst your bubble but I was in the talent pool for 3 years before I got the call this time round.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

PNutt

Member
Joined
11 Sep 2018
Messages
105
Location
London
Results of my medical just came back all good. Unfortunately they have put me in the 'talent pool' disappointed is an understatement. Any idea how long it takes to be called up from them?
How long is a piece of string…I was in it for 2 and a half years.
 

peas

Member
Joined
28 Aug 2025
Messages
5
Location
Essex
Ah ok! It seems like they took ages as its 4 weeks Monday until the training starts. I see people got their job offers a couple of months ago. My first stage was back at the opc on the 15th of may. Just very frustrating tbh
 

peas

Member
Joined
28 Aug 2025
Messages
5
Location
Essex
Ah ok. I guess we just have to hold tight for now. When did you have your interview with the managers? I had mine on the 6th of this month
 

B Train

Member
Joined
8 Aug 2025
Messages
7
Location
Rochford station
Ah ok. I guess we just have to hold tight for now. When did you have your interview with the managers? I had mine on the 6th of this month
Mine was also on the 6th. I thought the interview went well and was expecting a job offer after passing the medical, so the email I received today came as a surprise.

At the interview, they said there were 3 candidates left including myself to interview that day, and there were 2 spaces left on the course out of 12, so maybe something changed.

Gateway is expanding though, and if they can fit more services in, they will need more drivers. We've done the psychometric and interviews which is the hard part, so it's just a waiting game now.
 

peas

Member
Joined
28 Aug 2025
Messages
5
Location
Essex
Mine was also on the 6th. I thought the interview went well and was expecting a job offer after passing the medical, so the email I received today came as a surprise.

At the interview, they said there were 3 candidates left including myself to interview that day, and there were 2 spaces left on the course out of 12, so maybe something changed.

Gateway is expanding though, and if they can fit more services in, they will need more drivers. We've done the psychometric and interviews which is the hard part, so it's just a waiting game now.
I'm guessing you're who I think you are and had your interview just before mine, you see me on the way out. We had all the other assessments at the same time in Watford? From the Southend area? Lorry driver?

Yeh it was gutting to see that email today, was all ready to hand my notice in tomorrow!
 

B Train

Member
Joined
8 Aug 2025
Messages
7
Location
Rochford station
I'm guessing you're who I think you are and had your interview just before mine, you see me on the way out. We had all the other assessments at the same time in Watford? From the Southend area? Lorry driver?

Yeh it was gutting to see that email today, was all ready to hand my notice in tomorrow!
I thought this was you Dean, I thought we'd both get through.

Dont know what happened, but can only wait and hope we get an email one day for another course.

Good luck to all those that made it
 

peas

Member
Joined
28 Aug 2025
Messages
5
Location
Essex
I thought this was you Dean, I thought we'd both get through.

Dont know what happened, but can only wait and hope we get an email one day for another course.

Good luck to all those that made it
Same here mate, it did seem like it went well with the interview and I got the impression it was a formality!

Could you send me an email and I'll send over my number, be good to keep in touch while we wait!
 
Last edited:

Taylor-j01

Member
Joined
9 Dec 2019
Messages
93
Location
carlisle
Freightliner are advertising Heavy haul drivers for Mossend depot

But it does not say if its experienced (qualified) drivers or anyone (trainee) ….?

 

NSEWonderer

Established Member
Joined
5 Dec 2020
Messages
2,909
Location
London
Freightliner are advertising Heavy haul drivers for Mossend depot

But it does not say if its experienced (qualified) drivers or anyone (trainee) ….?

It does say they're looking for individuals that possess the Knowledge, skills and experience needed for the role, near the bottom which would make it sound like a Qualified post.
 

20atthemagnet

Member
Joined
1 Feb 2019
Messages
246
Location
England
Sorry to hear those of you that got put on hold. It must be annoying. To be fair when I started driving by the time they called me back to do assessments I had forgotten id even applied. Although this was a good 17 years ago, doesnt seem to be any consistency in driver recruitment unfortunately. At one company could be assessment, interview, job offer in a couple of weeks at others it could be years in a talent pool…. Really makes me wonder what the strategy is/was regarding Gateway. Both GBRF and FL are getting more paths but the Tilbury IM roster isnt exactly huge. Think last time I saw it was something like 15ish lines on IM earlier this year? They also advertised for qualifieds which went quiet in June with no word which seems odd. Few people I know applied and have heard nothing… then 12 trainees starting in September. That’s a fair amount of people! Wonder if theyll be split between HH/IM or if they even know how many people they need?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top