• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner - Trainee Train Driver - London Gateway (22/04/25)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chingy

Member
Joined
24 Jan 2020
Messages
219
Location
Frome
I plan on taking my driving test within the next few months. I guess the rules about getting to the depot only apply once you've passed the trainee stage which takes over a year, I believe. So I should have enough time to get my licence.

Considering this advert is solely for London Gateway, then unless London Gateway has a high abundance of mentor drivers (I don’t know), it’s likely you’ll be lodged away another depots to do your handling hours.

This could include the use of a provided hire car for travel, so you might want to inform them at interview stage (should you get that far), that you don’t yet drive.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

LTRV18181

Member
Joined
6 May 2025
Messages
9
Location
london
I done the second set of OPC stuff,

Has anyone heard back I know they are planning for their first stage assessment centres next week
 

BigPondFish

Member
Joined
21 Aug 2022
Messages
68
Location
Essex
I done the second set of OPC stuff,

Has anyone heard back I know they are planning for their first stage assessment centres next week
I did the second set over the last weekend. Would hope to hear something by early next week. I have already passed the psychometric assessments so would hopefully go straight to interview.
 

LTRV18181

Member
Joined
6 May 2025
Messages
9
Location
london
I did the second set over the last weekend. Would hope to hear something by early next week. I have already passed the psychometric assessments so would hopefully go straight to interview.

Not sure on process so fingers crossed I should hear back soon if successful on the second set of OPC stuff
 

Barnzee

New Member
Joined
24 Feb 2025
Messages
4
Location
Kent
I did my second set of OPC tests (VSE) and (M7SJT) for freightliner on Saturday.
There timeline for testing, interviews, medical and course start date is rapid. September 25th to start!
Have to pass first...
I'm rekon tommorow I'm going to get an email?
Fingers crossed to all...
 

Barnzee

New Member
Joined
24 Feb 2025
Messages
4
Location
Kent
Heard back this afternoon.
Passed M7SJT but failed VSE, no more info on why.
Makes it clear, 6 month wait to have another go.
Plan B for me?
Good luck to others ...
 

MR Grunter

Member
Joined
15 May 2022
Messages
21
Location
England
Any know where their classroom training part would be based?
I have been informed it is to be held at Tilbury Depot this time.

Also, in terms of depot location for the trainee, I have been told that their contract location with say Tilbury/ London Gateway. Once the Gateway depot is open they can eventually be moved without Freightliner having to paying any depot transfer Costs.

At the moment, those of us that are Tilbury Depot based, will not be moved as it will cost them too much. It makes no difference to most of us Tilbury drivers either way.
 
Last edited:

BigPondFish

Member
Joined
21 Aug 2022
Messages
68
Location
Essex
I have been informed it is to be held at Tilbury Depot this time.

Also, in terms of depot location for the trainee, I have been told that their contract location with say Tilbury/ London Gateway. Once the Gateway depot is open they can eventually be moved without Freightliner having to paying any depot transfer Costs.

At the moment, those of us that are Tilbury Depot based, will not be moved as it will cost them too much. It makes no difference to most of us Tilbury drivers either way. However time will tell.
Thanks for this. Hopefully I'll make it this time. Got to interview stage a couple of years ago but eventually got put in the talent pool as they said all positions were taken before they round to interviewing me.
 

LTRV18181

Member
Joined
6 May 2025
Messages
9
Location
london
Hey guys anyone heard back regarding the Watford assessment centre etc

I’m still waiting on results from OPC and I done my test on Sunday 4th
 

Miltsey!

Member
Joined
9 Apr 2023
Messages
41
Location
Essex
Hey guys anyone heard back regarding the Watford assessment centre etc

I’m still waiting on results from OPC and I done my test on Sunday 4th
I only completed mine late on Tuesday but still waiting to hear - when I did it 2 years ago it took 2 weeks total hear back though.
 

Brickz

Member
Joined
3 Aug 2024
Messages
92
Location
Kent
I done the last test on 2nd and received email on the 6th saying I'd past and given a date for the stage 1 assessment.
What I done with the vse is kept the mouse in between the yes and no as you've only got to move it slightly and click which can do easily without looking so gives more time looking for errors, I done the same for part 3 as the error button is big enough to move over to it with minimal time looking where your moving the mouse, I still made few mistakes though.
 

LTRV18181

Member
Joined
6 May 2025
Messages
9
Location
london
I done the last test on 2nd and received email on the 6th saying I'd past and given a date for the stage 1 assessment.
What I done with the vse is kept the mouse in between the yes and no as you've only got to move it slightly and click which can do easily without looking so gives more time looking for errors, I done the same for part 3 as the error button is big enough to move over to it with minimal time looking where your moving the mouse, I still made few mistakes though.
When was the actual deadline for the assesssments you had.

I think hearing back may be based on when your deadline was as mine was the 9th
 

unbutton

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2025
Messages
29
Location
London
If the info helps I submitted my email address via the LinkedIn link on May 03rd, received the test links from OPC on May 06th with a deadline to complete by May 11th.
 

Miltsey!

Member
Joined
9 Apr 2023
Messages
41
Location
Essex
Anyone else still waiting to hear back after completing the second set of tests? I completed the last one on 6th May (deadline day) but not heard anything. Seems like most people have heard within 4 days or so.
 

BigPondFish

Member
Joined
21 Aug 2022
Messages
68
Location
Essex
Anyone else still waiting to hear back after completing the second set of tests? I completed the last one on 6th May (deadline day) but not heard anything. Seems like most people have heard within 4 days or so.
I'm still waiting, did the second set on the 3rd. Hoping no news is good news.
 

Miltsey!

Member
Joined
9 Apr 2023
Messages
41
Location
Essex
Do you still need to pass the psychometric assessments? I have passed them already.
I’m not sure which ones they are - I did the initial 4 tests, then the VSE and M7SJT ON 6th. I passed them last time but failed the group Bourdain at Watford.
 

unbutton

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2025
Messages
29
Location
London
I only just got my links for the 2nd test. I was a later applicant so it figures.


03rd May - applied
06th May - first set of tests received
08th May - first set of tests complete
13th May - second set of tests received
 

BigPondFish

Member
Joined
21 Aug 2022
Messages
68
Location
Essex
I only just got my links for the 2nd test. I was a later applicant so it figures.


03rd May - applied
06th May - first set of tests received
08th May - first set of tests complete
13th May - second set of tests received
Don't understand this as the vacancy was only supposed to be live until 28th April!!
 

tyrextrain

Member
Joined
23 Apr 2025
Messages
25
Location
e15qr
I did the second test. The vse was really hard. Iam not sûre i'll pass it. Thé 2 first test was ok but thé one with simultaneous task was other thé top. Iam thé only one to feel it was hard ?
 

unbutton

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2025
Messages
29
Location
London
I did the second test. The vse was really hard. Iam not sûre i'll pass it. Thé 2 first test was ok but thé one with simultaneous task was other thé top. Iam thé only one to feel it was hard ?
Part 3 was definitely challenging, and from what I have read its supposed to be. One of the things they want to see is how you recover and perform after putting a step wrong.

The mistakes I made were sporadic and isolated. If I remember right in stage 3 I made about 5-8 mistakes, no more.
 

tyrextrain

Member
Joined
23 Apr 2025
Messages
25
Location
e15qr
Part 3 was definitely challenging, and from what I have read its supposed to be. One of the things they want to see is how you recover and perform after putting a step wrong.

The mistakes I made were sporadic and isolated. If I remember right in stage 3 I made about 5-8 mistakes, no more.
Oh you did well. I did more mistake than this. I guess its over now. Thanks for thé information

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Yes i failed. The second test was hard. Good Luck for the next stage
 
Last edited:

unbutton

Member
Joined
17 Apr 2025
Messages
29
Location
London
Oh you did well. I did more mistake than this. I guess its over now. Thanks for thé information

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Yes i failed. The second test was hard. Good Luck for the next stage
Oh dear I take it you heard back with some bad news? I've not had any word yet, not counting my chickens.

I think that means you can attempt the tests again in 6 months? Plenty of time to review and practice. Don't throw in the towel just yet!

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Just had the invite through for an assessment day. This is whats on the agenda:
  • The Trainability for Rules and Procedures Test Part 1 and 2
  • The Group Bourdon Concentration Test
  • The Driver Fault Finding Test (DFFT)
  • The Test of Everyday Attention for Occupational Assessment (TEA-Occ)
  • The WAFV Vigilance Exercise
  • The ATAVT Perception Test
  • The 2-Hand Co-ordination Test
  • The Situational Judgement Exercise
  • The Multi-Modal Interview (MMI)
 
Last edited:

LTRV18181

Member
Joined
6 May 2025
Messages
9
Location
london
Oh dear I take it you heard back with some bad news? I've not had any word yet, not counting my chickens.

I think that means you can attempt the tests again in 6 months? Plenty of time to review and practice. Don't throw in the towel just yet!

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Just had the invite through for an assessment day. This is whats on the agenda:
  • The Trainability for Rules and Procedures Test Part 1 and 2
  • The Group Bourdon Concentration Test
  • The Driver Fault Finding Test (DFFT)
  • The Test of Everyday Attention for Occupational Assessment (TEA-Occ)
  • The WAFV Vigilance Exercise
  • The ATAVT Perception Test
  • The 2-Hand Co-ordination Test
  • The Situational Judgement Exercise
  • The Multi-Modal Interview (MMI)
I’m going to assume it’s bad news for me as I completed my test before you and haven’t had any feedback

Good luck
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top