steve wilson
New Member
- Joined
- 1 Mar 2017
- Messages
- 3
Good Morning
Most mornings I have to stop at our local railway crossing to allow a very long, rumbling Freight Train Past. It's operated by Freightliner, using class 66 engines. The set up of the train is very unusual as two engines are used. Instead of a traditional double head (newbie here so please bear with me if I am using the wrong terms) one engine is at the front and the other is at the rear. The train carries a mixed load of ballast and new sections of track. Some of the wagons carry the logo 'Improving Londons Railways'. I see the train most mornings, it is travelling south on the line that links Wrexham to Shrewsbury.
Which rail project is this train and it's load destined for please? And also, what would be the term used for the positioning of the engines? I assume it isnt push me-pull you.
Thanks
Steve
Most mornings I have to stop at our local railway crossing to allow a very long, rumbling Freight Train Past. It's operated by Freightliner, using class 66 engines. The set up of the train is very unusual as two engines are used. Instead of a traditional double head (newbie here so please bear with me if I am using the wrong terms) one engine is at the front and the other is at the rear. The train carries a mixed load of ballast and new sections of track. Some of the wagons carry the logo 'Improving Londons Railways'. I see the train most mornings, it is travelling south on the line that links Wrexham to Shrewsbury.
Which rail project is this train and it's load destined for please? And also, what would be the term used for the positioning of the engines? I assume it isnt push me-pull you.
Thanks
Steve