• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freightliner Crewe Depot - Swapping to trainee shunt driving from mainline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
19 Mar 2019
Messages
10
I passed all my assessments and interviews for a trainee driver role at the Crewe depot and made it into the talent pool in December 2018. However, since they had no vacancies available I was contacted in February asking if I'd be interested in training as a shunt driver, which I accepted. Since then I've had no further correspondence and I've had no responses to emails requesting updates on the situation.

Is anyone else in a similar situation to me, or could anyone provide a possible contact point?
Thanks in advance!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

GLENMAYE77

Member
Joined
28 Sep 2017
Messages
327
I had the same call but I said No and opted to remain in the Trainee Driver Pool.

I’m surprised you guys haven’t heard anything yet as FL seemed quite keen for a quick answer.
 
Joined
19 Mar 2019
Messages
10
Yeah, they seemed pretty keen when they spoke to me, said they ideally wanted the answer on the day. Hopefully I'll hear something soon as they said it would be May time, I just want to be certain it's still happening.
 

RailDemon89

Member
Joined
6 Mar 2019
Messages
16
There are some people doing their psychometric testing this thursday for the same role (shunt driver). Maybe they are waiting to see what they score and they will have a pick from the talent pool. I thought there was only 4 vacancies to start in may but i am hearing there could be 7 so have to wait and see
 
Joined
19 Mar 2019
Messages
10
Excellent, cheers RailDemon, I'm hoping I'll hear sooner rather than later, as it was 2 months between my first and second assessment.
 

jag

Member
Joined
12 Mar 2019
Messages
22
Does anyone know what the pay is for the Crewe shunt driver role ?
 

Lenny_1986

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2018
Messages
139
When I received the call I was told 36k, but since then someone mentioned a pay rise on a separate thread.
 

SteveTheGreek

New Member
Joined
16 Mar 2019
Messages
1
Is it wise to try and get a job as a trainnee shunt driver and then become a train driver? Or will I be just waisting my time?
 

Mgv1349

Member
Joined
10 Oct 2018
Messages
191
Is it wise to try and get a job as a trainnee shunt driver and then become a train driver? Or will I be just waisting my time?
If you got the trainee shunt driver it’s a foot in the door to eventually becoming mainline.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top