Banham7
Member
Hearing reports from public on site that 6M00 60015 is suffering a a rear cab side fire at West Holmes in Lincoln, fire brigade are in attendance.
Last edited:
That could be decidely dodgy as it's a loaded petroleum service!Hearing reports that 6M00 is suffering a a rear cab side fire at West Holmes in Lincoln, fire brigade are in attendance.
I thought empty ones tend to go bang a bit easier?That could be decidely dodgy as it's a loaded petroleum service!
Yes, and no. Dealt with a similar situation years ago. I must say when the driver makes the emergency call you're suddenly very awake at 4am.That could be decidely dodgy as it's a loaded petroleum service!
I thought empty ones tend to go bang a bit easier?
That rear roof does look very sooty...60015 has flames coming from it's exhaust.
I saw it earlier, and it looked fine.
Photos of 60015 passing whilst on 6M00...
View attachment 145408
LNER reported the delay as Heavy smoke on the loco and it then declaring it self a failure.Looks like things are moving now - OTT shows 1B89 routed on the goods line past the stricken train, and 2L75 cleared through to Boultham Junction.
LNER reported the delay as Heavy smoke on the loco and it then declaring it self a failure.
Driver reports no fire, no flames, but loosing oil.
Have seen a picture showing extremely heavy smoke but no flames.
Fair enough, only going by what has been reported by the driver and NWR!![]()
This image is from a local Facebook group.
1Z99, I believe. Standard train reporting number for loco going to clear the line.0Z99 en route from Toton TMD.
That was quite some smart upgrade they did on those 60sLNER reported the delay as Heavy smoke on the loco and it then declaring it self a failure.
Driver reports no fire, no flames, but loosing oil.
Have seen a picture showing extremely heavy smoke but no flames.
I spotted 4L00 hauled by 66785 stopped at the signal before Kesteven Sidings LC (just east of Saxilby) on my drive home tonight and wondered what was going on!2 trains held up at Pyewipe Jn before the affected area, 1L65 (NT LDS - LCN) and 4L00 (Doncaster GBRF - London Gateway GBRF).
Will likely be able to add 2L75 (EMR LEI - Grimsby) in around 20 Mins.
Tracksy showing it on the move now.Appearing as 6M00 is still at LCN on opentraintimes, has the train moved since with 1Z99?
On the move 2042Appearing as 6M00 is still at LCN on opentraintimes, has the train moved since with 1Z99?
Going forward as 6M00 through to Kingsbury.Would they just use the original headcode, (6M00) once the train has been recovered, as I can't see 1Z99?
I guess it's going to Toton and the tanks will be moved to Kingsbury at some point.
Not failed again, apparently there’s a car on the line at Collingham.Oh dear. It seems it's ground to a halt between Collingham and Newark, and it's now blocking 2L80, the 2048 from Lincoln to Nottingham.
The 2131 for Nottingham looks as if it's being held at Lincoln.