• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freight on a Sunday in Serbia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class15

Established Member
Joined
30 Dec 2021
Messages
4,167
Location
North London or Mildmay line
Hi all,

I’m currently in Serbia, and after an overall disappointing time trying to spot freight trains at Rakovica and Resnik this evening (except for one steel train that was being held at Rakovica and didn’t move), I’m trying to work out what the best places and times are to see freight trains in and around Belgrade. Is there any freight on a Sunday, and does anything pass Vukov Spomenik station (that is the most convenient for me although I’m happy to go south if necessary)?

I wasn’t sure if this was best in international transport or trip planning & reports, so feel free to move this thread if it would be better suited there.

Many thanks

Class15
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

dutchflyer

Established Member
Joined
17 Oct 2013
Messages
1,550
Probably too late now and I guess you also thus must have found the answer (my guess is also NO), but for the rare case someone might read this or get led into it by some search: as can be expected the Germans-and Austrians are closer by and also have a lot more people who know Serbia/serbien or the like: that german equiv forum of this: DSO= drehscheibe-online.de, its AUSland (=foreign) section has loads of such topics and if I remember well (not being freight-enthus at all myself) there was even a very recent topic on related topics.
IF you may have any other related questions of areas nearby, I would advise to search/read there first.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top