• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freight around Frankfurt / Wiesbaden

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuartmoss

Member
Joined
2 Feb 2010
Messages
1,048
Location
Leeds
Hi All, I'm getting day tickets for Wiesbaden and Frankfurt tomorrow, are there any stations I could visit that are good for passing freight? Thanks in advance.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

stuartmoss

Member
Joined
2 Feb 2010
Messages
1,048
Location
Leeds
Thanks for reply, can't get link to load on my phone, but Bischofheim looked decent from my journey through earlier, so I'll check later.
 

Gordon

Member
Joined
11 Feb 2011
Messages
1,145
Location
Surrey
if you go a couple of stops north of Wiesbaden to Rüdesheim for example, you get freight trains by the minute :)

Not quite 'by the minute' but pretty frequent.

Mainz Bischofsheim is certainly a freight hub. Plenty of photos of same.




.
 

stuartmoss

Member
Joined
2 Feb 2010
Messages
1,048
Location
Leeds
Not quite 'by the minute' but pretty frequent.

Mainz Bischofsheim is certainly a freight hub. Plenty of photos of same.




.

It was great there, probably a passing freight every 10 minutes in the time I was there. Also quite a few loco hauled Intercity and International trains.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Here's some video from Mainz-Bischofsheim, I was there for just over an hour - definitely worth going.

[youtube]ttF_mbcd1DE[/youtube]
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top