• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Freedom of Britain - All Lines Rover

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparks2000

Member
Joined
7 Jul 2012
Messages
72
Hi,

I purchased what I hope is an All Lines Rover 7 days and the "Available" is "FREEDOM OF BRITAIN 7 DAY". It was the same price as the ticket I expected but the "Available" wording is not something I am used to.

Is this just better marketing as a tourist ticket or do I have some variant that might cause trouble later on my trip - e.g. non UK resident?

Thanks
S.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mike99

Member
Joined
4 Mar 2011
Messages
868
Location
G E M L
If I remember rightly my last ALR in March of last year said the same and I was quite concerned about it, I bought it at Manchester Piccadilly on a Friday night to start Saturday morning so popped back and they assured me everything was fine.
 

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2013
Messages
5,489
Location
London
The "Freedom of Britain" wording dates back to APTIS days, and eliminated the need to scan a barcode to get the correct destination.

Having said that, I haven't seen an ALR issued on a modern Ticket Issuing System with any description other than "All Line Rover".
 

Solent&Wessex

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2009
Messages
2,749
I have seen some, occasionally, popping up as "Freedom of Britain" for some time. Must depend on the set up of the TIS.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top