• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Frankfurt - Koeln - photo opportunities

Status
Not open for further replies.

j0hn0

Member
Joined
20 Jan 2009
Messages
563
Location
St Albans, England
Just been on a drive today, seeing if I can take some photos of the high speed line between Frankfurt and Koeln, and I was quite surprised!

In many places, you can just drive up, park, and walk right up to the trackbed!

Check some of these pictures, I have a few videos too, but I'm sure if a decent photographer with a decent camera were round here, it train porn galore!! :D
 

Attachments

  • DSC00018.jpg
    DSC00018.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC00022.jpg
    DSC00022.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00013.jpg
    DSC00013.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 20
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

j0hn0

Member
Joined
20 Jan 2009
Messages
563
Location
St Albans, England
heh, yeah me too. They may be one of mine up there :)

In reality, all the new NBS tunnels are built to the same spec so that trains can easily pass in the tunnel without too much turbulence.

When building it, they narrowed the overall loading gauge to save costs, and then used that to have wider tunnels to increase comfort.

I really could've been at any tunnel on the line they look so similar, but if you look through the tunnel, at the end you can see the exit.
The exit in which my avater enters at the top of the hill.

Tis a pity I'm not a photographer because this part of the line is so impressive in terms of its engineering.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top