• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Frankfurt am Main Airport Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
Good Morning,

All being well I shall be travelling in Belgium and Germany in a few days.

One interchange between trains will be at Frankfurt Airport Station. Is the Fernbanhof and local trains railway station all in one place or are they in completely separate locations? I have about 30 minutes connection time, also are there places in the Fernbanhof where one can buy sandwiches to take on the connecting train?

Thank you.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gordonthemoron

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2006
Messages
6,727
Location
Milton Keynes
they are completely separate, IIRC you walk across a bridge from the Fernbahnhof toward the Airport Terminal, I think there are places to buy sandwiches etc on the bridge
 

fandroid

Established Member
Joined
9 Nov 2014
Messages
2,569
Location
Hampshire
It's a bit odd. The Fernbahnhof platforms are at ground level (level 0). You have to go up to level +1 to get out. Head towards the airport terminal 1 and then before you cross over the roadway into the terminal proper you have to go down to level -1 for the local Bahnhof platforms. The distance isn't that great, but the level differences can cause confusion.
 

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
Thank you for the useful info about Frankfurt Am Main Airport Railway Station, my connection there worked well, infact the two trains used the same platform, 6, so I did not even have to go over the foot bridge, which was just as well as the arrival train was a bit late, it was held back for 10 - 12 minutes at a previous station to a wait connection passengers from another delayed train and I was worried that I would miss my connection through to Brussels Midi, anyway it was fine in the end. (Mind you that train was a bit late too and it had only come from Frankfurt Main HBF.)

There was a small sandwich stall on the platform so I was able to get something to take to eat on the onward train.

I must say, I did like the 2 ICE trains that I travelled on that day. They are very smooth, spacious, roomy, comfy and light. :D
 

Blamethrower

Member
Joined
13 Oct 2014
Messages
384
Location
Bedfordshire
Fernbahnhof was certainly a long walk from the parking garage

ICE3's still my fave ever train - you can sit behind the driver....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top