Seemingly the French & Spanish (& their derivatives) have carved up the advance bookings for the above services and as a consequence I have been unable to book FIP discounted fares through Deutsche Bahn UK (our recommended agents who have been most apologetic & sympathetic in the circumstances).
Now, I am heading to Lisbon on Sunday and will make an excursion to either the Oriente or Santa Apolónia (or both!). Therefore, my question is this: will it be possible to buy the following tickets at any of the above stations?
1) A FIP rate ticket & reservation (50%) from Barcelona Sants to Perpignon
2) A FIP reservation + supplement from Perpignon to Nîmes for use in conjunction with a free international pass for France.
Is it quite common to make bookings in one country for travel between two others? I will also have some domestic Portuguese bookings to make so the trip won't be wasted.
Thank you.
Now, I am heading to Lisbon on Sunday and will make an excursion to either the Oriente or Santa Apolónia (or both!). Therefore, my question is this: will it be possible to buy the following tickets at any of the above stations?
1) A FIP rate ticket & reservation (50%) from Barcelona Sants to Perpignon
2) A FIP reservation + supplement from Perpignon to Nîmes for use in conjunction with a free international pass for France.
Is it quite common to make bookings in one country for travel between two others? I will also have some domestic Portuguese bookings to make so the trip won't be wasted.
Thank you.
Last edited: