deltic
Established Member
- Joined
- 8 Feb 2010
- Messages
- 3,720
Today was the first in a long time since I've travelled on this route and noted that it appears to have been virtually 4 tracked all the way from Leeds to the edge of Greater Manchester. Was this the case and when was the additional track lost?
I also noted the section from Guide Bridge into Manchester is only 2 track - I remember this being 4 tracked still in the early 1980s
Would there be much benefit in reinstating 4 tracking given aspirations to increase service frequency and speed on this corridor - presumably would be a lot cheaper than grandiose ideas for tunnelling new high speed links?
I also noted the section from Guide Bridge into Manchester is only 2 track - I remember this being 4 tracked still in the early 1980s
Would there be much benefit in reinstating 4 tracking given aspirations to increase service frequency and speed on this corridor - presumably would be a lot cheaper than grandiose ideas for tunnelling new high speed links?