• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Forum ticket site not handling multiple passengers on Senior Railcard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBuchananGB

Established Member
Joined
30 Jan 2017
Messages
1,405
Location
Southport
A week or so ago I used the forum's ticketing site to buy tickets for 2 adults, both with senior railcards. I received the warning that two railcards were required for travel, and the tickets were issued.

Now I am trying for another pair of tickets for same passengers, but the ticketing site tells me "This railcard isn't valid for this combination of passengers." It won't even let me search for tickets.

What has changed? Is it no longer possible to buy tickets for multiple senior railcard holder passengers? The Northern Railway site has no problem with it.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JBuchananGB

Established Member
Joined
30 Jan 2017
Messages
1,405
Location
Southport
That bug seems fixed, but now I can't seem to remove the chosen railcard from a search to run a comparison of with/without railcard. I'm trying to plan a different trip for 2 adults an one child. I've done it by closing the site and starting from scratch, which is revealing some interesting things because the search w/o railcard revealed an LNER Family ticket. Sorry to be a pest.
 

JBuchananGB

Established Member
Joined
30 Jan 2017
Messages
1,405
Location
Southport
Great. I have forwarded the F&F itinerary details to my daughter for her Leeds to Gatwick (and back) in June. The Senior Railcard fares for my wife and I are walk-up fares next week. Burscough Bridge to Lancaster day return. I will either buy them from the machine on the day, or order them for ToD before setting off for the station. There shouldn't be these bugs in your system.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,538
Location
Yorkshire
There shouldn't be these bugs in your system.
That's the definition of a bug, but good luck finding a system with no bugs whatsoever! :lol:
The Senior Railcard fares for my wife and I are walk-up fares next week. Burscough Bridge to Lancaster day return. I will either buy them from the machine on the day, or order them for ToD before setting off for the station.
I'm not sure what this means; are you saying that the issue isn't fixed, so you need to buy elsewhere instead?

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

That bug seems fixed, but now I can't seem to remove the chosen railcard from a search to run a comparison of with/without railcard.
When making a comparison, the best thing to do is use two separate web browsers (e.g. Safari vs Chrome, Edge vs FireFox etc) or use an "private"/"incognito" mode on one of the windows.
 

JBuchananGB

Established Member
Joined
30 Jan 2017
Messages
1,405
Location
Southport
The issue is fixed and I will probably buy the tickets online using the forum ticket site, but as they are walk-up off-peak day returns, with no splits, there is no advantage in buying in advance, I can buy them on the day of travel.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top