• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Footpath from Wimbledon to Raynes Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

GodAtum

On Moderation
Joined
11 Dec 2009
Messages
2,684
Anyone aware of the footpath by the tracks from Wimbledon station towards Raynes Park. It looks quite a dodgy and dark path, not somewhere I would use at night though!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

flathead

New Member
Joined
28 Aug 2013
Messages
4
Yes. Use it often. Is quite busy path at Wimbledon end up until Downs Rd tunnel. Raynes Park section thereafter is darker and quieter. Would say Ive never encountered any problems using it.
 

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Apr 2010
Messages
17,852
Location
Epsom
I've been known to use the adjoining footbridges at the wimbledon end as photographic vantage points while waiting for films to be developed on the one hour service at Snappy Snaps in Wimbledon... ;)

Never had a problem.
 

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
3,087
Location
Trowbridge
Yes. Use it often. Is quite busy path at Wimbledon end up until Downs Rd tunnel. Raynes Park section thereafter is darker and quieter. Would say Ive never encountered any problems using it.

Down Road Tunnel? Where is that? (Not local by the way, only done half the path)
 

tsr

Established Member
Joined
15 Nov 2011
Messages
7,400
Location
Between the parallel lines
I too have never had an issue with the smaller roads around (or on slightly rarer occasions when I use it, the actual path by) the railway at this point, but I am only normally there during daylight hours, as it so happens. However, I can sympathise with someone who doesn't want to use the footpath at night (I presume this is what you refer to when you say a "dark path"), as it is fairly quiet and even lonely at some times. As for lighting, I'm struggling to remember exactly what it's like.

If you want to do some night-time photography (perhaps you or another member might be after some long-exposure shots on footbridges?) then I would use Worple Road until you are near the bridge you want, then head up there and just stay vigilant. But I wouldn't say it's a major risk, from my personal experiences only.
 
Last edited:

STEVIEBOY1

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2010
Messages
4,001
I have used that path many times, some times going all the way, have also used the tunnels and footbridges to get across the lines.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top