• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Football trophies 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

connor7777

Member
Joined
26 Feb 2011
Messages
137
Which team will win what next season

League: Manchester City
FA Cup: QPR
League Cup: West Brom

Relegation: Swansea, Norwich and Wigan.

Promoted: Brummy, Leeds and Coventry

JPT: AFC Wimbledon
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SS4

Established Member
Joined
30 Jan 2011
Messages
8,589
Location
Birmingham
Premier League: Man Utd *washes mouth out with soap*
FA Cup: Aston Villa
League Cup: Spurs

Relegation: Norwich, Wigan and Swansea
Promoted: Forest, Leeds and Reading

Relegated to League 1: Birmingham City :D
 

Zoe

Established Member
Joined
22 Aug 2008
Messages
5,905
Don't forget Europe/Internationals:

Champions League: Barcelona

Euro 2012: Spain
 

RyanB

Member
Joined
20 May 2011
Messages
142
Location
Edinburgh, UK
Barca will likely defend their Champions League crown by going all the way to the final, if not winning it, they are an incredible team.

European Championships: Germany, they did incredibly well to reach the Semi's of the World Cup with a really young team, only to be beaten by a solitary goal from Spain. The team is now older and more mature, I think it's their year.

Premier League: Man Utd. (again, how very dull)
FA Cup: Tottenham
League Cup: Man City

Relegation/Promotion to/from Championship is too close to call.
 

valenta

Member
Joined
20 May 2011
Messages
1,179
Location
The Toon
Champions League: Barcelona
Euro 2012: Germany
Premier League: Man United
FA Cup: Newcastle :lol:
League Cup: Newcastle :lol: (I'm not biased!!)
Relegation: QPR, Wigan, Swansea
Promotion: Leeds, Cardiff, Reading
 

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
Winners / champions:
EU: Spain
CL: Barcelona
EL: Depends who qualifies :roll:
PL: Chelsea
CH: Birmingham City
L1: Preston NE
L2: Torquay Utd
FA: Tottenham H
LC: Aston Villa

Relegated:
PL: Blackburn, Wigan and Swansea
 

ushawk

Established Member
Joined
5 Nov 2010
Messages
1,965
Location
Eastbourne
Champions League: Barcelona
Euro 2012: Spain
Premier League: Man United
FA Cup: Arsenal
League Cup: Man United
Relegation: Swansea, Wolves, Norwich
Promotion: Cardiff, Burnley, Nott'm Forest
 

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
A friendly wager for a tenner says you won't be stright back up... look at Charlton etc :razz:
 

Donny Dave

Established Member
Joined
9 Jul 2005
Messages
5,394
Location
Doncaster
Ok, a tenner it is. Now, what shall we bet on? Whichever team finishes higher in the league?
 

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
Whichever team finishes higher in the league pre-play-offs (i.e. if PNE finish 4th and Scunny 5th, regardless of how they do in the P/O, PNE would be the 'winner').
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,469
Surely this is way to early to predict anything? Wait till at least July then the judgements can be more informed
 

ACE1888

Member
Joined
2 Apr 2011
Messages
823
Location
Penzance, Cornwall
SPL Celtic
Premier League Man Utd (again)
Championship: Birmingham City
League 1: Sheffield United
League 2: Crewe Alexandra (The Railwaymen)
 

SS4

Established Member
Joined
30 Jan 2011
Messages
8,589
Location
Birmingham
Surely this is way to early to predict anything? Wait till at least July then the judgements can be more informed

I agree on all except the Premier League which is incredibly dull at the top. 6 people have said Man Utd will win it.
 

Chapeltom

Established Member
Joined
23 Feb 2010
Messages
1,316
Location
Tainan, Taiwan.
SPL Celtic
Premier League Man Utd (again)
Championship: Birmingham City
League 1: Sheffield United
League 2: Crewe Alexandra (The Railwaymen)

Sheffield United are more likely in my opinion to struggle. They are massively in debt, have a £12 million per year wage bill and seriously struggled all season. How I wish I'd put money on their relegation :( :cry:

Sheffield Wednesday to finish top four in my opinion.

Premier: Manchester United
Championship: Cardiff City
League One: Huddersfield Town
League Two: Crewe Alexandra - if they don't concede as many!

FA Cup: Manchester City
League Cup: Liverpool
JP Trophy: Southampton

FA Trophy: Luton Town
FA Vase: Whitley Bay - 4th year in a row.
 

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,469
Sheffield United are more likely in my opinion to struggle. They are massively in debt, have a £12 million per year wage bill and seriously struggled all season. How I wish I'd put money on their relegation :( :cry:

The way they're going I won't be surprised at another relegation. League One appears a lot weaker this year but there's plenty of decent sides still in it.

Sheffield Wednesday to finish top four in my opinion.

Assume that they carry on their form from the end of this season then they're definitely on the way up.

Premier: Manchester United

Too wobbly this year. Only the utter inconsistency of their rivals allowed them to keep it. Trouble is I can't really see any of their rivals seriously challenging.

Championship: Cardiff City

Now that they've sacked Dave Jones, the future looks a lot more unpredictable. For that, I think they might struggle to get in the top 6.

League One: Huddersfield Town

Playoff hangover?

FA Vase: Whitley Bay - 4th year in a row.

Poole came really close this year, but they won't be eligible for the Vase next year as they 'finally' got their deserved promotion to the Southern League. Won't bet against them for a 4th year.

Like I said previously, too early to gauge who will be at the top next year. We've seen plenty of anonymous sides from the previous season go on and clinch the title the next, and plenty going the other way.
 

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,478
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
EURO 2012.......................................Spain

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE..........................Barcelona

EUROPA COMPETITION.......................Zenit St. Petersburg

PREMIERSHIP CHAMPIONS...................Manchester United
PREMIERSHIP RUNNERS UP..................Manchester City
F A CUP WINNERS............................,Liverpool
LEAGUE CUP WINNERS.......................Chelsea
PREMIERSHIP RELEGATION..................Norwich, Swansea, Wolverhampton

CHAMPIONSHIP WINNERS...................Leeds United
Also promoted.................................Blackpool, Birmingham City

LEAGUE 1 CHAMPIONS.......................Sheffield United

LEAGUE 2 CHAMPIONS.......................Bury

SCOTTISH PREMIERSHIP....................Rangers

*****************************************************

IMPORTANT NOTE NOW FOLLOWS

There has been a serious lack of regard the 2010/11 seasons results that have caused an utter panic in the Football League when these forecasts above were seen regarding Division 1 and Division 2.

Corrections for both divisional forecasts are shown later on in this thread.
 
Last edited:
Joined
8 Dec 2006
Messages
961
Location
Costa Del Sheppey
EURO 2012.......................................Spain

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE.......................... Arsenal

PREMIERSHIP CHAMPIONS................... Arsenal
PREMIERSHIP RUNNERS UP.................. Liverpool
F A CUP WINNERS............................ Arsenal
LEAGUE CUP WINNERS.......................Arsenal

CHAMPIONSHIP WINNERS................... Blackpool
Also promoted................................. Birmingham City, Leeds

LEAGUE 2 CHAMPIONS....................... Gillingham

Notice a pattern? :P
 

sonic2009

Established Member
Joined
19 Jan 2010
Messages
5,048
Location
Crewe
PL : Liverpool
FA Cup : Everton
League Cup : QPR
Champions League : Barcelona will be a Barca vs Madrid Final
Championship : Birmingham
Relegated from PL : Swansea,Wigan,Blackburn
 

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,478
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
That will be a good achievement, seeing as they have just been promoted from League 2 :P

I just can not believe that I posted this:roll:

I meant to say ACCRINGTON STANLEY:D:D

There will be some good very local derby matches in Division One this coming season, as my club (Oldham Athletic) will now look forward to local derby matches against Bury and Rochdale....and dare I say, Preston North End.
 

Xenophon PCDGS

Veteran Member
Joined
17 Apr 2011
Messages
35,478
Location
A typical commuter-belt part of north-west England
For the reasons mentioned before, no chance.

Have you not seen the way relegated sides performed in previous years?

Well, at least I (unlike some teams that I could name) are consistant in my mistakes.:oops:

Shall we both agree that PRESTON NORTH END will be Division One champions.:D:D

I bet my ORIGINAL predictions for the Champions of League One and League Two caused a few moments of panic in the boardrooms of Sheffeld United and Bury:p:p:p
 
Last edited:

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,469
Well, at least I (unlike some teams that I could name) are consistant in my mistakes.:oops:

Shall we both agree that PRESTON NORTH END will be Division One champions.:D:D

I bet my ORIGINAL predictions for the Champions of League One and League Two caused a few moments of panic in the boardrooms of Sheffeld United and Bury:p:p:p

Given how much they've improved under Phil Brown, I think they will finish somewhere respectable. However there seems to be a hoodoo over most 'big' teams that were relegated from the Championship in recent years, I would say a season of consolidation and finishing around 10th place and then be there or thereabouts to challenge for promotion the year after.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top