Even in the week, VTs 1st class service can offer less than one might expect. I did a 1st class bash earlier this year (1G23, ex EUS 13:23 on a weekday) and though the lunch served was far better than the oft-mentioned snack box affair and service was offered at my seat, it was composed of a sandwich and selection of other cold items...And I must admit that I had been expecting a cooked meal on this one.
Still, I do have to say that the service overall was worth the FDS Advance fare that I had got it on even without the cooked meal I'd thought I would receive (My apologies to VT for running all the coffee pots dry!

) and though I'm back to using standard class on VT, this is more because the way I like to travel (In the vestibule with headphones blaring) means there are no additional benefits in having a 1st class ticket, in my case.
Still...I'm hoping to give FGWs Blue Pullman a go at some point, and that'll be an altogether different experience indeed!

hock:
