tigerroar
Member
Just been watching live facebook feeds of it going through Stonehouse. The amount of people on the line is shocking
:roll:
Just been watching live facebook feeds of it going through Stonehouse. The amount of people on the line is shocking:roll:
Were any specific local warnings given, though? Hopefully efforts will be made to prevent a repeat when it runs along the same route on Tuesday.It was delayed at Cam and Dursley due to this situation. Not on;y Flyimg Scotsman but service trains have also been delayed all the way up to Gloucester. Despite all the warnings they still can't keep away from the tracks.
I've just heard on the radio that running times for Flying Scotsman are not to be published in future due to the latest stupidity, quite what that means in reality I don't know as it was only a very limited news item, looks as though the thoughtless morons have won the day again
Not much chance of that, it would cause far too much adverse publicity. I'd have thought the issue of the delay minutes would have been the most concerning to NR.I wonder how much longer the ORR will tolerate this mass trespass evertime this particular kettle runs and decides enough is enough as the risk of injury/death is too high for their risk appetite and instruct NR to cancel all future runs
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10155304462258279&id=781823278&hc_location=ufi
Hope that video link works. The guy says he was stood on the crossing but he clearly wasn't. It looks like when it's gone too that people are milling around as though they're not on a live railway line and nothing will come along and flatten them.
Has anyone made the BTP aware of this video, there must be enough evidence to prosecute the tool, he has even filmed the fact he was trespassing well away from the actual crossing he says he was stood on, which is in itself an offence.
Not much chance of that, it would cause far too much adverse publicity. I'd have thought the issue of the delay minutes would have been the most concerning to NR.
"In order to avoid overcrowding and incidents of trespass we have been advised not to publish recommended viewing points
I didn't realise they were published online on their website anyway, I couldn't find it, just a departure and arrival time?
Apologies, I haven't been keeping up over the past few months, but do they still appear on RTT?
Not always. You can use trackit and traksy instead just to be sure.