• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Flying Scotsman going up to Inverness for repairs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Viper

Member
Joined
11 Apr 2020
Messages
73
Location
York
It looks like it is planned to run The Highland Express Edinburgh - Inverness on Saturday so it might be positioning for that.
 

TrainsToday

Member
Joined
29 Sep 2023
Messages
29
Location
Highlands
It looks like it is planned to run The Highland Express Edinburgh - Inverness on Saturday so it might be positioning for that.
Only for the return from Inverness to Edinburgh, so that might explain why it is staying in Inverness.
 
Joined
20 Mar 2012
Messages
761
The national railway museum has released a statement on Facebook that the flying scotsman has passed it inspection, thus running its rail tours as planned (starting with tomorrows run from Inverness to Edinburgh)
 

heathrowrail

Member
Joined
18 Nov 2022
Messages
222
Location
Newbury
The national railway museum has released a statement on Facebook that the flying scotsman has passed it inspection, thus running its rail tours as planned (starting with tomorrows run from Inverness to Edinburgh)
Good news. Although I suspect the driver will be under investigation.
 

Driver068

Member
Joined
20 Feb 2014
Messages
666
Good news. Although I suspect the driver will be under investigation.
There was more than one person on the footplate where they will morethan likely be accountable not just the driver.
Ive heard it was an engineering team involved not the driving crew. Anyone able to comment??
 
Joined
20 Mar 2012
Messages
761
Looks as if the flying scotsman is returning to joppa straight this evening, presumably tomorrow's tour is cancelled due to heavy rain scheduled to fall (no trains expected to run on the HML)
 

Chris225

Member
Joined
18 Jan 2016
Messages
23
Looks as if the flying scotsman is returning to joppa straight this evening, presumably tomorrow's tour is cancelled due to heavy rain scheduled to fall (no trains expected to run on the HML)
Yeah I fear I’m going to get up early to be disappointed. If the tour company know at least let us know now.
 

TrainsToday

Member
Joined
29 Sep 2023
Messages
29
Location
Highlands
Yeah I fear I’m going to get up early to be disappointed. If the tour company know at least let us know now.
Looks like it has been cancelled. Network Rail have announced that they are closing the HML due to heavy rainfall.

"We’ll close the West Highland Line, Highland Mainline (Perth-Inverness) and the lines to Balloch and Helensburgh west of Dalmuir on Saturday due to extreme rainfall. Month’s worth of rain (180mm) forecast to fall tomorrow."
 

12LDA28C

Established Member
Joined
14 Oct 2022
Messages
5,058
Looks like all trains on the HML and WHL cancelled tomorrow, including the northbound Sleeper tonight....

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Yeah I fear I’m going to get up early to be disappointed. If the tour company know at least let us know now.

The tour appears to have been re-routed to Aberdeen instead
 
Last edited:

MiNi

Member
Joined
22 Sep 2019
Messages
532
Location
Sherborne
Looks as if the flying scotsman is returning to joppa straight this evening, presumably tomorrow's tour is cancelled due to heavy rain scheduled to fall (no trains expected to run on the HML)
47812& 47826 are also at Joppa Straight for the tour.(that may not run now). Or at least run to Aberdeen now.
 
Last edited:

Morayshire

Member
Joined
6 Feb 2019
Messages
303
Reported over on the Scotrail forum that Flying Scotsman is heading to Aberdeen on the front of the train.
 

D1537

Established Member
Joined
11 Jul 2019
Messages
2,080
Location
North Yorkshire
The tour is en route to Aberdeen as 1Z23 0941 Edinburgh-Aberdeen (currently 34 late, but not an issue as it has over 2 hours to turn round in Aberdeen). Booked as 1Z27 1636 Aberdeen-Edinburgh return.
 

Ivertheengine

New Member
Joined
12 Oct 2023
Messages
1
Location
Sussex
Backing out of Aviemore for Inverness 14:13 6th October 2023
Apologies Ive tried to upload some video of FS leaving Aviemore, but unfortunately it failed.IMG_2685.jpeg
 
Last edited:

kkong

Member
Joined
8 Sep 2008
Messages
1,167
Anyone with a valid ticket would be able to gain access to the platforms.

Only if the dragons "guarding" the barriers have:
1) Changed all the barriers from "no entry" (red X) to "entry" (green arrow) mode.
2) Removed the tensabarrier maze from in front of the concourse side of the barriers.

I don't think I've seen a station that's as hostile to letting passengers onto the platforms as Inverness.
 

TrainsToday

Member
Joined
29 Sep 2023
Messages
29
Location
Highlands
I don't think I've seen a station that's as hostile to letting passengers onto the platforms as Inverness.
I have had no problem getting onto the platforms at Inverness. All the staff have always been helpful and welcoming whenever I have gone trainspotting
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top