Martin S Heron
Member
- Joined
- 26 Jul 2016
- Messages
- 35
Hi all,
I've been resident in Ireland for about 15 years - during that time train ticketing in the UK has changed massively. Until now whenever I've come back to visit I've either drove or used sail & rail. I'm coming over again at Christmas and this time I'm flying in. I'm landing at Stansted and am going to Stanford-Le-Hope and I need some advice.
1) Is it worth buying a ticket in advance?
2) If not, and I buy at the station can I buy a return to come back 6 days later?
3) If it is worth buying in advance, are there any ticking companies that will deliver to Ireland?
Any advice will be much appreciated.
I've been resident in Ireland for about 15 years - during that time train ticketing in the UK has changed massively. Until now whenever I've come back to visit I've either drove or used sail & rail. I'm coming over again at Christmas and this time I'm flying in. I'm landing at Stansted and am going to Stanford-Le-Hope and I need some advice.
1) Is it worth buying a ticket in advance?
2) If not, and I buy at the station can I buy a return to come back 6 days later?
3) If it is worth buying in advance, are there any ticking companies that will deliver to Ireland?
Any advice will be much appreciated.