IceAgeComing
Member
- Joined
- 31 Jul 2018
- Messages
- 74
I'll try to answer some of the questions asked over the last day. He wasn't given anything; the guy took his name and address only which suggests that he was thinking prosecution. He was travelling with an Oyster travelcard but if the First Class was declassified that shouldn't matter. He also left at around 11:30 so I doubt that he was on the awkward one train a day that apparently has First Class. I emailed Southeastern with a general enquiry on this (not mentioning my friends possible issue) and got a reply saying that first class is declassified on the route (if they'd have said something different then that would have been concerning considering what is all over their website) which strikes me as being incredibly useful if they do try to go after him: after all their advice is that its perfectly OK to sit in "first class" on those trains.
The timetable doesn't specify "standard class only"; it only specifies the one First Class service a day on the weekend (which strikes me as being a little unfair and a perfect way of trapping someone who's been told that First Class is declassified without that one exception being mentioned) so that to me doesn't imply that the First Class seats are somehow out of order if they have to run a train with first class on our route.
This morning they ran a first class train again and I took one of those seats: because lots of people don't know then I'm going to take advantage of it for myself to get a seat plus it removes a body from the busy bit of the train and that makes everyone else more comfortable.
The timetable doesn't specify "standard class only"; it only specifies the one First Class service a day on the weekend (which strikes me as being a little unfair and a perfect way of trapping someone who's been told that First Class is declassified without that one exception being mentioned) so that to me doesn't imply that the First Class seats are somehow out of order if they have to run a train with first class on our route.
This morning they ran a first class train again and I took one of those seats: because lots of people don't know then I'm going to take advantage of it for myself to get a seat plus it removes a body from the busy bit of the train and that makes everyone else more comfortable.
