Missed my day boat connection on Friday for Rosslare, so rather than sit at Fishguard for 12 hours, I decided to buy myself a West Wales Day Ranger ticket. Did Whitland-Pembroke Dock-Carmarthen-Fishguard & Goodwick-Clarbeston Road-Milford Haven-Whitland-Tenby. (I had not been to Milford Haven since the '80's. Think the Train I was on was on that day was the overnight Bristol Temple Meads to Milford Haven mixed Parcels/Passenger). There seemed to be a reasonable crowd getting off at Fishguard & Goodwick.
Enjoyed the shunt movements at Clarbeston Road. I got off the return Fishguard train at Clarbeston Road, which then went forward over the crossover to the east of the station, then came back into Clarbeston Road on the Down Platform. This allowed the Milford Haven to Carmarthen Train to use the Up Platform. After a twenty minute wait the ex Fishguard stock then shunted back over the East crossover to stand on the Up line. Next through the Down Platform was the empty 'Murco', followed a short while later by the Milford Haven Train, which I joined. The ex Fishguard stock would have then shunted back into the Down Platform after the departure of the Milford Haven Train to take up it's next Fishguard working.
A big up to ATW as well. The last part of my journey should have been Tenby-Carmarthen-Fishguard Harbour to connect into the 02:45 Ferry to Rosslare. Due to, what I can only surmise to be a failure to get a Token release for the Tenby-Whitland single line section, we were held at Tenby. The Train crew came through to advise that it could be some considerable time before the fault was fixed, and asked where I was heading to. I knew that even with a lengthy wait for the fault to be fixed, I should be able to connect with the Fishguard Train at Whitland. A short time later the Train crew were back through the Train to advise that control had authorised a Taxi to take myself and the other two passengers to our destination, (Kilgetty for the other two and Fishguard for me). As there was no-one at any of the intermediate Stations, (the Taxi called at all three), and knowing Whitland passengers could be catered for by the last ex Milford Haven Train, once Narberth was checked it was a quick dash down the A40 to Fishguard Harbour where I was delivered shipside, forty minutes before the Swansea-Fishguard service arrived. Chapeau ATW!