• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First West Yorkshire & York discussion

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Whisky Papa

Member
Joined
8 Aug 2019
Messages
745
Looking at the current timetable it seems that most of the 590/591/592 is geared to run from Todmorden (Millwood)*. If the entire route is transfered to Halifax, would everything fit in at Elmwood given its size?

* The exception is Boxing Day when the 591 is ran by Old Fieldhouse Lane at the moment. Going to look interesting come 2028.
In the previous incarnation when Millwood was all single-deck, the Halifax -Hebden Bridge shorts were operated with double-deckers from Elmwood, I recall.

I think Millwod do operate it all now, although I've not looked too hard. Also, remebering the dead running we used to do between Millwood and Halifax to start/finish there, I'd maybe suggest the timetables might not always be a 100% reliable guide.

If it all moves to Elmwood, I suppose there would be no requirement for driver changes at Todmorden, which might actually aid punctuality given the fairly relaxed manner they seem to be undertaken currently.

What we do know is that the 501/X1 and 508 will be leaving Elmwood as part of the first tranche, with the 548/549 becoming fully Elmwood operated.
I hadn't realised that, thanks.
 

Top