I'm travelling on an Advance ticket Oxford-London on Sunday (the 14:50 departure to London). I notice that a weekend first upgrade is only £5, which seems a good deal for an hour's journey, especially given they don't provide guaranteed seat reservations. Is the train likely to be busy and will it be worth the fiver - two cups of coffee, added to extra comfort, would make it easily worth while?
I'm also going to be on an East Coast train out of London at 17:30. That would cost £25 and although I know the first class service is good, we should be able to get to our booked seats (always select 'seat near door' on potentially busy trains!), unless anyone on here knows that East Coast trains at this time are exceptionally busy?
I'm also going to be on an East Coast train out of London at 17:30. That would cost £25 and although I know the first class service is good, we should be able to get to our booked seats (always select 'seat near door' on potentially busy trains!), unless anyone on here knows that East Coast trains at this time are exceptionally busy?