• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Class Disappointment on TPE – Chastised For Taking Two Refreshments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Angmering1974

On Moderation
Joined
26 Jun 2023
Messages
162
Location
UK
I had a similar ridiculing from a host on the Liverpool service (for a different reason) and I lodged a strongly worded complaint and got a generic copy-paste reply.

That was definitely inappropriate and if you had done a similar thing to them, they'd be seriously thinking of reporting it to the guard no doubt.

TPE hosts (by that I mean hosts on a TPE service - I don't care who contracts them etc) tend to be lovely, or inexperienced/mean and not much in-between.

However, with the new roll-out of the new catering on the Liverpool-Newcastle services, I've found the hosts extremely generous with food and drinks. Not sure how long it'll last. (Though I'm not a fan of them selling items from the first class compartment - lots of noise/foot traffic...seems like a money-saving exercise at our expense)

I'd rate TPE first class a solid B+ currently. It's just a shame it's so variable.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top