• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Capital Connect - Notice Intention to Prosecute - please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hassaanhc

Established Member
Joined
5 Jan 2014
Messages
2,225
Location
Southall
I'd hope so, but feel an increasing number would be equally outraged and then be on the various forums/websites looking for loopholes to avoid paying, while stating the usual things like 'didn't they have anything better to do?' where the answer was of course 'yes, but they had to waste time dealing with you'.

RPIs that are PACE trained have to do things by the book, even if they're not police officers (despite some having warrant cards that look remarkably similar). Yet the lack of respect towards them is probably not a great deal different to how some people speak to the police.

That really seems to be a problem with a minority of people (not the OP from the info given here) who feel rules don't apply to them. I showed a friend the article where a woman was prosecuted for giving false address among other stuff (discussed in separate thread) and his reaction was "**** the system, who are they to be asking for my address, I'm from da hood you know, I'll say to them no give me your address first. And no one has the time to check in London". I was shocked, until I remembered that this is normal for him to say stuff like that. And he has said to me to fare evade in the past <( :roll: :roll: :roll: (which I did not do). FWIW he does have a monthly Z2-4 season
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Fare-Cop

Member
Joined
5 Aug 2010
Messages
950
Location
England
Alright, so I've jumped to a conclusion a step further ahead, so what?

If an RPI, conductor etc. did exactly the same thing we'd all be up in arms that's what.

Far better that we all try to stick to the details posted by the OP rather than assume, or jump to conclusions.

Like you, I hope that it is resolved amicably and soon :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top