• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

First Capital Connect employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cessna

Member
Joined
7 Jan 2010
Messages
42
Hi all,

I am in the process of applying for the trainee train driver position with FCC. I know there is another thread regarding this already.

On the online application it asks you to research the company and write about what you have found out about the company. How much information are they expecting?

What I'd really like though, is to talk to some current employees of First Capital Connect and hear what they have to say.
So, if there any of you out there I'd really appreciate it a lot if you could give some info about the company!

I'm really interested in this opportunity so I'd like to prepare myself as best as possible before hitting the 'submit' button!

Thanks in advance.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ungreat

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2006
Messages
964
Hi all,

I am in the process of applying for the trainee train driver position with FCC. I know there is another thread regarding this already.

On the online application it asks you to research the company and write about what you have found out about the company. How much information are they expecting?

What I'd really like though, is to talk to some current employees of First Capital Connect and hear what they have to say.
So, if there any of you out there I'd really appreciate it a lot if you could give some info about the company!

I'm really interested in this opportunity so I'd like to prepare myself as best as possible before hitting the 'submit' button!

Thanks in advance.

I am an FCC driver...I will send a pm
 

navydavy1968

Member
Joined
6 Sep 2009
Messages
80
Location
Cambridge
When I applied. which I did last month, I looked on the 'about us' section on the FCC website, and also the First website has a few snippets of info. Also Wikipedia has tons of info, from 1996 to present day, available to you.
I ended up submitting 4 or 5 paragraphs worth of info.

I suppose I shall find out if it was any good after 22 jan eh?
 

cessna

Member
Joined
7 Jan 2010
Messages
42
Thanks ungreat, much appreciated.

navydavy, cheers, I realise there is loads of information on the net regarding FCC. I don't want to write paragraph after paragraph quoting facts and figures from wikipedia though. I want to get some insider information, about customer service and the general ethos of the company to show I've done a bit more than copy and paste from wikipedia! (I'm not suggesting this is what you have done at all, by the way.)

Flyboy, I'm just PPL holder at present, yourself?
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,951
Location
UK
Write about how they really messed the drivers around before Christmas and how bad they handled it from a PR point of view!
 

cessna

Member
Joined
7 Jan 2010
Messages
42
ungreat, I don't know if I can receive pm's unless I have at least five posts under my belt.

Flyboy, have you given up on flying then? What was the story with you?
It's always sad the hear about stories like yours. I'm sure you spent many years and many thousands getting to ATPL level. I know I spent years and too much cash, and I'm just a low hours PPL!
 

cessna

Member
Joined
7 Jan 2010
Messages
42
Cheers ungreat, pm received. I think I have to wait five posts before I can send private messages, but it looks like I can receive them just fine.
 

Ivo

Established Member
Joined
8 Jan 2010
Messages
7,307
Location
Bath (or Southend)
Just ask a random question. Or, better yet, just reply to this post.
Then you'll hit five.
...Note to self; don't give this advice too often ;)
 

DJ737

Member
Joined
15 Nov 2009
Messages
364
Location
Melbourne, Australia
A redundant ATPL(A)

Hi there

Not sure what an ATPL (A) is, I know ATPL.

If you have a 737/320/777 rating there are a couple of LCC's down this way that would probably talk to you.

Cheers
DJ737
Melbourne, Australia
 

Flyboy

Member
Joined
1 Nov 2008
Messages
283
Location
North Lincolnshire
Hi DJ737, the '(A)' is for aeroplane, which distinguishes it from an ATPL(H) for helicopters. I don't have any of those ratings as I'm an ex-biz jet pilot, but thanks anyway.
 

Dolive22

Member
Joined
20 Dec 2009
Messages
464
I don't know if it's too late now, but their annual report might be a useful source. It can usually be found in the Investors section of their website.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top