• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fires on Saddleworth Moor & Winter Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cletus

Established Member
Joined
11 Dec 2010
Messages
2,399
Location
Dover
Caught a glimpse of a Northern BBC reporter in the rain somewhere, So I assume these fires are out?

Hasn't rained in Dover for 52 days now apparently (I'm sure there are places where its been longer), although water's still flowing well through the River Dour.
 
Last edited:

Shaw S Hunter

Established Member
Joined
21 Apr 2016
Messages
3,497
Location
Over The Hill
Did the only two periods of rain that fell on North-West England last week and today fall on both the Winter Hill and the Saddleworth areas and was the rain that fell enough to deeply penetrate into the peat?

From what I saw of the rain bearing clouds before the rain reached me I would say that both fires were quite well doused. However whether the rain was of sufficient quantity to penetrate the full depth of the peat I could not say. I must admit that I had the very same query in my mind at the time. Have there been any reports on the matter reported in the media?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top