Around 0025 this morning, I arrived at Blackfriars with the intention of getting the 0032 to Three Bridges, and home to bed after a 12 hour day.
However, I was greeted with the sight of three fire engines. Although I was allowed upto the platform (two, which is usually the Northbound), there were no trains running.
Regular announcements made of the 'dont bother waiting here, find an alternative' type were being made.
I realised that my options were:
1. Taxi, and claim back the fare
2. Wait it out, hope for the best
3. Hotel
I stayed at a hotel, which has made a bit of a dent in the holiday fund, as I didn't fancy the long taxi journey or hanging around the station.
So, three questions:
Was there another option?
What would you have done?
Can I claim for the hotel?
However, I was greeted with the sight of three fire engines. Although I was allowed upto the platform (two, which is usually the Northbound), there were no trains running.
Regular announcements made of the 'dont bother waiting here, find an alternative' type were being made.
I realised that my options were:
1. Taxi, and claim back the fare
2. Wait it out, hope for the best
3. Hotel
I stayed at a hotel, which has made a bit of a dent in the holiday fund, as I didn't fancy the long taxi journey or hanging around the station.
So, three questions:
Was there another option?
What would you have done?
Can I claim for the hotel?