• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FIP Travel in Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

87101

Member
Joined
11 Nov 2013
Messages
27
Just been reading about tickets needing validating in the machines before boarding trains in Italy mainly regional trains or ones without a reservation. I have FIP coupons I take it these don't need to validated in the machines.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

davetheguard

Established Member
Joined
10 Apr 2013
Messages
1,939
Just been reading about tickets needing validating in the machines before boarding trains in Italy mainly regional trains or ones without a reservation. I have FIP coupons I take it these don't need to validated in the machines.

No, FIP coupons are much too flimsy to be put in a validator.

As I understand it, tickets issued by "foreign" railways are not required to be validated (however, someone else will know more about this than me), but personally, if it's possible to put the thing in the machine and stamp it, that's what I tend to do; however, that's not the case here.
 

33056

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2007
Messages
2,424
Location
On a train somewhere in Europe
No, you don't need to validate FIP or Interrail tickets in a platform validating machine as you do that when you write the date on them (or the dates it is valid between are printed on the ticket in the case of a Global Interrail). Anyway, in most cases they will not fit into the machines.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top