• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Finding Out Number of Carriages on a service

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewisdicks

Member
Joined
3 Jan 2017
Messages
76
Hello

Not sure if this is the right place to post but does anyone have a source that can tell me how many carriages a given service would be scheduled to operate with?

Particularly the routes between Haymarket and Glasgow Queen Street across each day

Thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

E_Reeves

Established Member
Joined
25 Oct 2015
Messages
1,412
Location
West Midlands
I'm not sure whether it will tell you for that area, but Tiger has station announcement info and service info such as that, but I think number of carriages only show up for services for the South of England. Worth a look though.

http://iris2.rail.co.uk/tiger/
 

lewisdicks

Member
Joined
3 Jan 2017
Messages
76
I'm not sure whether it will tell you for that area, but Tiger has station announcement info and service info such as that, but I think number of carriages only show up for services for the South of England. Worth a look though.

http://iris2.rail.co.uk/tiger/

Thanks for this, doesn't show carriages per se but does indicate "front/rear 3 coaches" in some cases so still very useful
 

XCTurbostar

Established Member
Joined
13 Sep 2014
Messages
2,596
There really isnt a definitive source which allows you to find out the number of carriages. I rather depends on your area and the TOC.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top