• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Finding last year's season ticket prices (considering 'Changeover')

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoiub

Member
Joined
24 Jan 2010
Messages
13
I'm in the unfortunate situation where my place of work is moving from London to Milton Keynes. I intend to work for the company through the fall, and I'm attempting to evaluate my travel costs involved.

I live in south London and currently have an annual season ticket for Zones 1-4 valid from 14/11/2012 -> 14/11/2013. Purchase price was £1,672.

I now need a Milton Keynes -> All Zones Season Ticket. (I'm aware of the cheaper/slower option via Olympia, but not interested).

Current costs for that ticket are: £528 Month / £5,500 a year.

I understand that the refund value of my current season ticket is based on a 40week pro-rated basis, and calculate my current residual value at about £668, after 24 weeks of use (16/40 * 1672).

I am wondering how to figure out what the cost would be to do a 'changeover' on my current season ticket to the MK->All Zones ticket. I have read up that this might be my best option, and would happily hear pros/cons feedback on this choice.

I think this requires me to know the cost of that season ticket as of 14/11/2012, and then do some sort of maths (unsure what)?

Any help?

Cheers,
Duane
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

barrykas

Established Member
Joined
19 Sep 2006
Messages
1,579
A Milton Keynes - London Zones 1-6 Annual issued in November 2012 would have been £5280.00.

Assuming you meant that the original ticket was valid from 15/11/2012 to 14/11/2013 (there only being one 14/11 in a year), here's an example calculation based on a change-over effective from 01/05/13:

Base rate for original ticket : £1672.00 / 365 days = £4.58 (rounded to nearest 1p)
Base rate for new ticket : £5280.00 / 365 days = £14.47 (rounded to nearest 1p)

Number of days from 01/05/13 to 14/11/13 : 198

Credit due on original ticket : £4.58 * 198 = £906.84
Charge for new ticket : £14.47 * 198 = £2865.06

Additional payment due : £2865.06 - £906.84 = £1958.22

HTH,

Barry
 

deoiub

Member
Joined
24 Jan 2010
Messages
13
Thank you both for your help on this, and I'm happy to read this.

Hopefully I won't have any problems having the changeover issued.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top