• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fife Circle Trip and a visit to Toton Depot

Status
Not open for further replies.

wensley

Established Member
Joined
29 Jun 2008
Messages
2,045
Location
On a train...somewhere!
Two completely different trips over two days.

First of all was the Fife Circle with 67030. A very long day travelling to/from Edinburgh but definately worth it due to the stunning weather.

67022 and 90026 at Edinburgh:
http://www.clagmonster.fotopic.net/p66796037.html
http://www.clagmonster.fotopic.net/p66796038.html

The ECS arriving from Millerhill Yd:
http://www.clagmonster.fotopic.net/p66796039.html

A quick leap at Haymarket on the return allowed a snap of '030 'up front':
http://www.clagmonster.fotopic.net/p66796040.html

The ECS departing Waverley:
http://www.clagmonster.fotopic.net/p66796041.html

Then my annual jaunt down to Toton to see what was in sight. Plenty of locos from a rather good day. Shots shown are from 4 locations (depot banking, canal towpath, ASDA footbridge and the A52 road bridge).

Highlights included 37425 in full view on the depot headshunt as well as 37419 and 37402 also being on view. 60073 was noted working hard on the load bank and another grey class 60 was also undergoing attention. 67010, recently returned to traffic, was noted in WSMR colours as well as a number of ECR class 66s following their return from France.

A general view:
http://www.clagmonster.fotopic.net/p66796108.html

37425 on the headshunt:
http://www.clagmonster.fotopic.net/p66796084.html

Load bank testing for 60073:
http://www.clagmonster.fotopic.net/p66796107.html

A class 60 is tested with roof panels removed showing the engine:
http://www.clagmonster.fotopic.net/p66796086.html

37405, '419 and '669:
http://www.clagmonster.fotopic.net/p66796089.html
http://www.clagmonster.fotopic.net/p66796090.html
http://www.clagmonster.fotopic.net/p66796085.html

58023 slowly rusts into the ground:
http://www.clagmonster.fotopic.net/p66796091.html

08428 shunts the yard:
http://www.clagmonster.fotopic.net/p66796088.html

EWS Executive train stock:
http://www.clagmonster.fotopic.net/p66796093.html

'Froggy' 66029:
http://www.clagmonster.fotopic.net/p66796087.html

66213 arrives from the South:
http://www.clagmonster.fotopic.net/p66796092.html
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Drimnagh Road

Member
Joined
13 Mar 2009
Messages
688
Location
Dublin
Great trip and photos,

been meaning to get to Scotland for sometime as a lot of my required 67s are up there but I spent most of my annual leave days on the Taunton's bashing 57s so it will have to wait until next year at this stage.

Very sad to see the state that 37405 is in, was shocked to see that she had deteriorated so much. I was lucky to travel with her in 2007 to Aberystwyth, shortly after I had got back in to English stuff.
 

wensley

Established Member
Joined
29 Jun 2008
Messages
2,045
Location
On a train...somewhere!
Great trip and photos,

been meaning to get to Scotland for sometime as a lot of my required 67s are up there but I spent most of my annual leave days on the Taunton's bashing 57s so it will have to wait until next year at this stage.

Very sad to see the state that 37405 is in, was shocked to see that she had deteriorated so much. I was lucky to travel with her in 2007 to Aberystwyth, shortly after I had got back in to English stuff.

Yeh. Thanks for the comments - the Fife Circle is definately worth the ride. My only issue is that the shot at Haymarket looks like a 'point and press' (which it was) as I had only seconds to get off the train, get a shot, and back on again!

The train is too long for most platforms so the loco hangs over and typically it was at these stations were were running early!!
 

philcfc1905

Member
Joined
3 Feb 2010
Messages
36
Location
Surrey
Hi Wensley,
Great photos,
looks like I missed you by two days. I was in Edinburgh on the 24th.
The Fife Circle trip is well worth the fare. 67022 was there on the 24th as well, looks like I got the same photo as you. However 90035 was parked up on that day. Hope the link works.

http://www.railwayherald.org/imagelink/163861

Thanks for posting your Photos.

All the best Phil.
 

wensley

Established Member
Joined
29 Jun 2008
Messages
2,045
Location
On a train...somewhere!
Hi Wensley,
Great photos,
looks like I missed you by two days. I was in Edinburgh on the 24th.
The Fife Circle trip is well worth the fare. 67022 was there on the 24th as well, looks like I got the same photo as you. However 90035 was parked up on that day. Hope the link works.

http://www.railwayherald.org/imagelink/163861

Thanks for posting your Photos.

All the best Phil.

Thanks everyone :D Nice pic you got there Phil.

Yeh its definately worth the fare and, for me, the lond day. Toton was also a really good day out with plenty of action!

Am off out for the deltic today with GNERman <D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top