• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGWs 150/153/158 fleet cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody

Member
Joined
10 Dec 2006
Messages
277
Regarding FGWs 150/153/158 fleet cleaning? Is there any cleaning going on anywhere at the moment? Most units are in a diabolical condition externally.
I seem to remember that we were promised that all units would be cleaned every time they went on depot, certainly at Bristol but either that facility is not yet available or FGW are economising on water use. What about cleaning at Plymouth and Exeter?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
Joined
8 Aug 2005
Messages
2,676
Location
Trowbridge
FGW are just going to cover the dirt up with some nice vinyls when it gets too bad!
 

devon_metro

Established Member
Joined
11 Oct 2005
Messages
7,714
Location
London
I would agree. Last weekend my 150 was clean inside yet coated in mud.

As for my 2 car wedge-ex on the 2nd Jan that was also coated in a nice layer of mud...
 

Turbostar

Member
Joined
15 Aug 2006
Messages
1,039
Location
Plymouth, Devon
Regarding FGWs 150/153/158 fleet cleaning? Is there any cleaning going on anywhere at the moment? Most units are in a diabolical condition externally.
I seem to remember that we were promised that all units would be cleaned every time they went on depot, certainly at Bristol but either that facility is not yet available or FGW are economising on water use. What about cleaning at Plymouth and Exeter?

Plymouth Laira is used on a regular basis. Not sure during the day, but I know during the evenings. When I'm on lates (10/11-8pm), 9 times out of 10 there's usually a HST or a Voyager in the cleaning sidings past Laira depot - it's also used for access to Friary for scrap metal traffic btw - so I know it's being used. Not sure about DMU's as I havn't seen any going thru as yet. The usual process is go past the washing machine on the avoiding line next to it to go into the cleaning sidings. Here, as far as I know, HST's just run round, Voyagers have their retention toilets emptied here, but anyone do correct me if I'm wrong. Once finished in the sidings, the train, be it HST or Voyager, heads to the washing machine - a new one was installed at Laira last year - first machine coats the train in cleaning solution of some sort, then next machine brushes it & rinses it, before heading to the reception sidings next to the depot. That's basically it really.

Mart
 

WessexWarrior

Member
Joined
1 Jan 2007
Messages
335
Location
Hampshire
Could be worse. I've seen One 317's with holes in the vinyls that go down to the NSE livery that the units are still painted in.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top