• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FGW Season ticket compensation letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Joined
15 May 2012
Messages
5,438
Location
Croydon
Today I received a surprise letter through the post from FGW about some disruption in the Paddington area (attached). I presume this letter was sent to everyone who has bought a season ticket through their website recently, even if the ticket has no validity on FGW services, as I've never held a season ticket valid on FGW.

It's good of FGW to write to season ticket holders about refunds/compensation in case they are not aware they can claim. Does anyone know if this only went out to WebTIS season ticket purchasers, or also those who bought seasons in the ticket office? Does "pay the compensation as a refund" mean RTVs, or the back onto the original payment method?

Edit: I've now found a copy of the NRCoC and can see this is in section 42 as HHF states
 

Attachments

  • FGW-season-letter.jpg
    FGW-season-letter.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
24,465
Refunds can be applied for in lieu of void days.

Season ticket compensation should not be on RTVs.
 

hairyhandedfool

Established Member
Joined
14 Apr 2008
Messages
8,837
AIUI, FGW season tickets still use 'Void Days' and Punctuality/Reliability discounts. Void Days can be added to the next season ticket or the compensation can be paid out at the issuing station, regardless of operator. This is in line with NRCoC Condition 42.
 

LexyBoy

Established Member
Joined
23 Jan 2009
Messages
4,478
Location
North of the rivers
I buy my ticket IRL, and I don't recall getting a letter recently - though as yours is dated the 18th one could be in the post. I've received a few about disruption during Reading redevelopment so I would probably expect one. hhf is correct on FGW's season ticket discount policy.

On another note, not had any freebies in a while, the first couple of years of having an annual season I got a few goodies - wonder if I'm now a loyal customer no longer in need of bribes :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top