• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Ffestiniog/Welsh Highland fares for shorter journeys

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisp37

Member
Joined
2 Sep 2022
Messages
190
Location
London
Does anyone know where the single fares for the above can be found? I last went in 2022 and recall that the website had a look-up table for single fares between the various stops, and I booked a Blaenau Ffestiniog to Porthmadog single over the phone in advance (£25 if I recall correctly). The website FAQ now suggests you can buy single fares on the day but, and apologies if I've just overlooked it, I can't see anywhere what those fares are.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Llanigraham

On Moderation
Joined
23 Mar 2013
Messages
6,490
Location
Powys
I've had a good look and can't find any single fares either!
Perhaps best to email them using the Contact Me option and ask
 

Mainline421

Member
Joined
7 May 2013
Messages
916
Location
Aberystwyth
Single journeys for the whole line are 50% of the online return fares, and to/from intermediate stations are less than that, but I don't think the exact figures are shown online anywhere. Travel is in the unreserved carriage so booking in advance isn't necessary (or even possible probably).
 

chrisp37

Member
Joined
2 Sep 2022
Messages
190
Location
London
Thank you. Is it generally possible to get on the service if you just turn up on the day and buy a single? We're thinking of a trip that would involve travelling from Porthmadog to Caernarfon one way. I suppose there's always the bus as a fall-back if we can't get on the WHR. Less fun but significantly cheaper!
 

30907

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Sep 2012
Messages
21,990
Location
Airedale
Thank you. Is it generally possible to get on the service if you just turn up on the day and buy a single? We're thinking of a trip that would involve travelling from Porthmadog to Caernarfon one way. I suppose there's always the bus as a fall-back if we can't get on the WHR. Less fun but significantly cheaper!
Normally yes. Last time I used the route, the unreserved coach wasn't busy,and boarding at the start gives you an advantage!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top