• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FCC trainee jobs bedford 700 series trains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paynetrain

Member
Joined
2 May 2014
Messages
18
Hi all,

Is anyone driving or working at Bedford at the minute? Just wondering if FCC is looking to start to expand its workforce with the incoming 700 series trains exp 2016 onwards? The advert for the future of thameslink suggests more trains running me thinking they will need more drivers and start recruiting again?

Thanks again.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

WeGoAgain

Member
Joined
30 Apr 2014
Messages
126
Location
Cambs
Hey Paynetrain,

I was (fairly recently) informed that there will be several courses for Trainee Train Drivers at Bedford over the next 18 months.

Probably just need to keep an eye out.
 

Lufcman

Member
Joined
13 Apr 2013
Messages
122
Just been a huge recruitment campaign, I'd be surprised if they didn't have enough to fill the vacancies now.
 

W230

Established Member
Joined
6 Jan 2012
Messages
1,217
There's often vacancies at FCC. They had a huge recruitment campaign when I started, have been recruiting drivers non stop and are still short.

Bedford is the largest depot (some drivers say the largest single TOC depot in the country...) so I would definitely keep your eye on it!
 

Class2ldn

Established Member
Joined
25 Feb 2011
Messages
1,403
Word is that bedford is downsizing and a new depot opening at luton and three bridges.
All hearsay I might add.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top