• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

FCC and EC staff travel agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
21 Oct 2010
Messages
1,040
Location
Leeds
Hi people, is there anyone on here who works for FCC and if so do they know if the agreement is still in place that FCC and EC staff can travel on each others trains for free on a weekend? Ive text a couple of people from work and they are not sure. Im not in work for a couple of weeks now so wont see any managers to ask. I remember it first been agreed some years ago now but not sure if its since been withdrawn.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,573
Not FCC or ICEC staff but as far as I am aware, it is still in place.

TP
 

W230

Established Member
Joined
6 Jan 2012
Messages
1,217
Hi people, is there anyone on here who works for FCC and if so do they know if the agreement is still in place that FCC and EC staff can travel on each others trains for free on a weekend? Ive text a couple of people from work and they are not sure. Im not in work for a couple of weeks now so wont see any managers to ask. I remember it first been agreed some years ago now but not sure if its since been withdrawn.
During my FCC induction (this summer) we were told we could use the length and breadth of EC services for free for leisure purposes on Saturdays and Sundays. They said that we were not allowed to during the week, though a FCC RPI I know says that we can use EC services during the week as far north as Newark North Gate/Grantham.

I would quite like a definitive answer on this myself to be honest! Also i'm not really sure what EC get out of using FCC services, though maybe the better frequency/earlier starts (?) mean it helps them getting to work? I have certainly seen plenty of EC staff on GN route FCC trains anyway...
 

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
Right to set the record straight I can confirm the agreement is still in place and there has been no discussions that I am aware of to terminate this agreement.

FCC Staff

Monday to Friday can use East Coast services between Newark Northgate and Kings Cross for residential travel only ie to and from work, no leisure travel during the week is permitted.

Weekends can use any service operated by East Coast across their entire network in Standard Class only unless of course you happen to have a First Class pass of course...


East Coast Staff

Monday to Friday can use First Capital Connect services between Peterborough/Kings Lynn and Kings Cross for residential travel only ie to and from work, no leisure travel during the week is permitted.

Weekends can use any service operated by First Capital Connect across their entire network in Standard Class only unless of course you happen to have a First Class pass of course...

If anyone has any more questions I will be only to happy to answer them :)
 

W230

Established Member
Joined
6 Jan 2012
Messages
1,217
If anyone has any more questions I will be only to happy to answer them :)
Thank you kniidly sir! I was sort of there then (at least in knowing about FCC using EC services!) I'd been wondering since I started if this is written somewhere? Or is it it just that, "an agreement". It's a nice one anyway, as far as i'm concerned!

I assume it's for staff only though (not nominee etc). Though the other half could still use her ATOC pass on an open ticket so a long distance trip shouldn't break the bank anyway. :)
 

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
Thank you kniidly sir! I was sort of there then (at least in knowing about FCC using EC services!) I'd been wondering since I started if this is written somewhere? Or is it it just that, "an agreement". It's a nice one anyway, as far as i'm concerned!

I assume it's for staff only though (not nominee etc). Though the other half could still use her ATOC pass on an open ticket so a long distance trip shouldn't break the bank anyway. :)

Employees, spouses or partners and dependants of FCC employees with a valid FCC staff travel pass and Photo ID card can also travel free on all East Coast services , in standard class accomodation, on Saturdays and Sundays only, for leisure purposes

May I also direct you to the page on Platform which has this in writing and much more: Platform then Working Here then Employee Benefits then finally Staff Travel.

Glad I'm been of use :)
 

A-driver

Established Member
Joined
9 May 2011
Messages
4,482
You can use EC first class at weekends if you pay the upgrade of course-have done peterbourgh-Edinburgh a few times for 15quid each (me and wife) in first class for the food and drink.

If you have any problems with EC guards (some from up north arnt clear on the FCC agreement) then politely report it as FCC were having problems a while back with this and were threatening to stop letting EC staff travel for free which would have caused some operational problems with drivers passing about.
 

W230

Established Member
Joined
6 Jan 2012
Messages
1,217
Glad I'm been of use :)
Very much so! Thank you. The gf will be pleased when her passes finally arrive. I have to admit i've not really looked at 'Platform' properly yet. I gave up the last time I was on it as it wouldn't let me log on to the ticket bit through not recognising my NI number.

A-driver said:
You can use EC first class at weekends if you pay the upgrade of course-have done peterbourgh-Edinburgh a few times for 15quid each (me and wife) in first class for the food and drink.
I'd wondered if this was possible too. I'd read on these very pages that you can't normally upgrade with a std priv ticket -though these are different circumstances to travelling on an anytime return/on the ATOC pass.

I think i've ended up somewhat hi-jacking YorkshireRider's thread here too... :lol:
 

12CSVT

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2010
Messages
2,611
Have Scotrail briefed their gateline staff (at Haymarket, Dundee, Aberdeen, etc) about this agreement ?

I assume this agreement means FCC staff passes are vaild to Aberdeen and Inverness at weekends on EC services.
 

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
You can use EC first class at weekends if you pay the upgrade of course-have done peterbourgh-Edinburgh a few times for 15quid each (me and wife) in first class for the food and drink.

If you have any problems with EC guards (some from up north arnt clear on the FCC agreement) then politely report it as FCC were having problems a while back with this and were threatening to stop letting EC staff travel for free which would have caused some operational problems with drivers passing about.

This is the East Coast link, I've noticed that rather then being £20 to upgrade between Peterborough and Edinburgh they're actually reduced it to £15 :)

Best advice I can give to W230 is to print off the staff travel agreement page on Platform and keep that on them when using non-FCC services for reference then when you do encounter a staff member who is not familiar with the agreement you can show it to prove you're entitled to use the facilities as per the agreement.
 
Joined
21 Oct 2010
Messages
1,040
Location
Leeds
Yes they reduced to £15 sometime ago now, many thanks again for the info HLE 13, one final question, does it also apply to bank holidays as well or just sat and sun?
 

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
Yes they reduced to £15 sometime ago now, many thanks again for the info HLE 13, one final question, does it also apply to bank holidays as well or just sat and sun?

That is hard to answer reason being is East Coast seem to operate a weekday service on a bank holiday yet FCC operates a weekend service on a bank holiday.

I would have thought it applies equally to bank holidays as it does weekends however I will need to do some investigation first and will report here as soon as I know.

Glad I've been of help though :)
 

A-driver

Established Member
Joined
9 May 2011
Messages
4,482
FCC employees do NOT get free travel on EC on bank holidays. It is Saturday and Sunday only. Although some guards may let you on for free on bank holidays as they think it applies or just being kind but it is not officially part of the deal.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top