• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fawley Esso to Holybourne Workings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deepgreen

Established Member
Joined
12 Jun 2013
Messages
7,486
Location
Gomshall, Surrey
A minor query. There is a MWO working as above (0804 from Fawley), and on at least four occasions in the last year it has been shown on RTT as having been activated (at 0604) for that particular day, but has never actually run (or been listed subsequently as cancelled). I was under the impression that once activated, a train would either run or be shown as cancelled. What have I missed here?
Thanks.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Apr 2010
Messages
34,307
Monday Wednesday Only - in timetabling terms...

I suspect they’ll keep being autocalled because no-one can be bothered to take them out of the working timetable. There’s no way they’ll run, because as said earlier the Fawley terminal is no longer in use, and I’m sure it was also said in a previous thread about this service that the tankers had been scrapped.

The paths are still there for the next timetable period...
 
Last edited:

The Planner

Veteran Member
Joined
15 Apr 2008
Messages
19,723
Monday Wednesday Only - in timetabling terms...

I suspect they’ll keep being autocalled because no-one can be bothered to take them out of the working timetable. There’s no way they’ll run, because as said earlier the Fawley terminal is no longer in use, and I’m sure it was also said in a previous thread about this service that the tankers had been scrapped.

The paths are still there for the next timetable period...
Until we get asked to remove them they will, or unless they start to cause a problem and we go to the FOC as ask them to shift or take them out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top