I'm off to see (and hopefully film) a Black Five running the coast to coast express on Saturday and I'm planning it out so I can see it leave Liverpool in the morning and run back down to Liverpool at night. Seeing as this will be my first standard gauge steam locomotive I've seen since I was 5-6 I want to see it at speed so I was wondering if anyone would know where between Manchester Victoria and Liverpool Lime Street it would be running fastest.
As far as I'm aware it will be calling at St Helen's Junction, Manchester Vic and York as well as Lime St and Scarborough for both runs and seeing as I don't want to pay £20+ that I don't have to travel up to Leeds or wherever I want to know where on the Liverpool-Manchester stretch the train will be at its fastest.
Any northerners that know better have any suggestions as to what station would be ideal to watch from?
As far as I'm aware it will be calling at St Helen's Junction, Manchester Vic and York as well as Lime St and Scarborough for both runs and seeing as I don't want to pay £20+ that I don't have to travel up to Leeds or wherever I want to know where on the Liverpool-Manchester stretch the train will be at its fastest.
Any northerners that know better have any suggestions as to what station would be ideal to watch from?