• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Fastest routemaster ride I have ever experienced - rail replacement working

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaig

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2016
Messages
187
I did not know that routemasters run on rail replacement duty until only a few weeks ago! The routemaster that I got onto was LTZ1343 and is one of a few to actually have the engine FULLY shut down, but as you can see in the video below, the engine was triggered on perhaps by the increasing speed of the bus! Lovely smooth ride by Arriva.

https://youtu.be/ijfC1IhtQaI

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Jun 2014
Messages
14,671
I did not know that routemasters run on rail replacement duty until only a few weeks ago! The routemaster that I got onto was LTZ1343 and is one of a few to actually have the engine FULLY shut down, but as you can see in the video below, the engine was triggered on perhaps by the increasing speed of the bus! Lovely smooth ride by Arriva.

https://youtu.be/ijfC1IhtQaI

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Did anyone else think that police car was going to make a stop?! It did once happen on a London bus I was on.
 

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Jun 2014
Messages
14,671
I don't really get what you mean ??????

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

It was bearing down on the bus, before it overtook. Can't really tell what the speed was, of course, but the suggestion in the title is of nippiness.
 

jaig

Member
Joined
1 Aug 2016
Messages
187
It was bearing down on the bus, before it overtook. Can't really tell what the speed was, of course, but the suggestion in the title is of nippiness.
I don't think it was going to make a stop, I think it was just going to overtake. I did hear reports of some sort of incident near Mile End station, where my bus was headed en route to Tower Gateway. I have to say, that ride was top quality!! Have you heard about the temporary route 7A or something like that running to help out with Crossrail Works Traffic in Paddington? It ran with lovely brand spanking new NRMs from Metroline
 

BestWestern

Established Member
Joined
6 Feb 2011
Messages
6,736
It's yellow and green - it's a paramedic car, not a police car.

I spotted that too lol! Could be useful though for heatstroke victims onboard!

I must admit I only read the thread as I saw Routemaster and thought it referred to a real one! Don't the Bodgemasters have a top whack of 45 or something?
 
Last edited:

Phil.

Established Member
Joined
10 Oct 2015
Messages
1,323
Location
Penzance
I did not know that routemasters run on rail replacement duty until only a few weeks ago! The routemaster that I got onto was LTZ1343 and is one of a few to actually have the engine FULLY shut down, but as you can see in the video below, the engine was triggered on perhaps by the increasing speed of the bus! Lovely smooth ride by Arriva.

https://youtu.be/ijfC1IhtQaI

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

It's not a Routemaster. It's one of the Boris bus things.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top